No, seriously, where is the first win for the Lions coming from this season? (week 5 rant thread)

Next week at home against the Bengals? I don’t see it.

Home versus the Eagles? Nope.

After the bye at Pittsburgh? No.

I see three realistic possibilities – and none of them would I call it a likely win:

• Thanksgiving at home vs. Bears. Fields isn’t anything special yet, and they should have won in Chicago.

• At Denver Week 14.

• At Atlanta Week 16. Probably their best hope.

Some would say at Seattle the final week of the season, with no Russell Wilson and that porous defense. But it’s still at Seattle, and Wilson could be back by then.

They’ve got to come up with a win out of this bunch, I think, to avoid 0-16.

I hereby christen this the week 5 rant thread. Merges and zaps lay waiting in the darkness in a sea of crushed souls.

knight dilly dilly GIF by Bud Light

3 Likes

As I mentioned before, I thought the Lions might win 2 or 3 games this year. Cinci and either Philly or Atlanta. I’m rethinking.
Does Goff ever look at anything besides his primary receiver? Ever?? I don’t think I’ve seen him move his head.

You never know. That’s the crazy thing about the nfl. On any given week even the worst teams in the league have the ability to have a great game and beat even the best teams. We’ll just have to wait and see.

I remember being younger and the Lions would sneak up on some good teams and come out with a victory (99 Rams for instance). Its seems like in the last 15 or so years that hasn’t been the case.

1 Like

We need to bring back the Michigan Panthers and the bleacher creatures.

3 Likes

Today maybe!!!

charlie brown thanksgiving GIF by Peanuts

2 Likes

we need secondary help in the worst way.

What’s the over-under on how many games we lose 19-17 on 50+ yard field goals after taking the lead and then going into the prevent? I’m saying it’s 5.

Meanwhile Mason Crosby misses a frickin 40 yard game winner against the Bengals.

He having another game like he had against us a couple years ago

1 Like

Falcons.

On a day where it doesn’t look like the bengals or packers can make one flipping field goal, and we even luck out on a 40 yarder that came up short, we still can’t just get one more miss!!

It’s a unique experience being a Lions fan…

LMAO at the Bengals kicker celebrating

2 Likes

I’m going to guess that Rodgers told Lafluer they are going for the touchdown, and its non-negotiable.

1 Like

I was just standing at work thinking…when was the last time a team missed a game winning field goal against us? I cannot remember for the life of me. It feels like they always make those kicks. No matter the distance or conditions.

Next week

1 Like

Bengals are gonna be tough next week.

1 Like

I will bet you a zillion dollars they won’t go 0-16. I’ll even give odds

2 Likes