Non-trade with Texans in third round

I was looking at who was drafted right around then and Duverny went a couple picks later. I wonder if we were going to trade up for him? Does anyone know any details … it was pick number 90 and O’Brien was livid when we backed out. Not that it really matters, just curious.

It was fake news. Quinn had no idea what it was about and O’Brien said he was just goofing around on Zoom or something. Media sensationalism 101, much ado about literally nothing.

2 Likes

They said Jordan Ellilott was the target.

And yet we had people here bagging on Quinn for upsetting a team. It is gonna make other GMs not want to do trades with Quinn :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Is there a less sympathetic figure in sports than Bill O’Brien?

If the Houston Astros are worried about getting beaned once we finally start playing baseball they should just have Bill O’Brien stand in the on deck circle. I’m certain that opposing pitchers would just throw at him instead.

2 Likes

Not directed at Op – Just another classic media spew that sends the giddy into a race to get their emotions out there on paper. People were flipping out about it without fact checking, once again… weird!

1 Like

I feel we should have more ppl cursing on tv, that way this sort of thing would be no big deal.

1 Like

Right. OK. I’m sure Snopes got to the bottom of this, and O’Brien would be 100% credible on this after the fact. Glad the record is set straight.

Im with you. He probbly wouldn’t even need to get to the on-deck cricle, The dugout would do.

1 Like

I saw that. Its like rooting for every other team except the Lions. Pretty pathetic.

2 Likes