Notable cuts

Personally I’d love to see us give up a 6th to the Rams for Bryce Perkins if that’s a posdibility.

I’m a fan of having backups that you have packages for even when the starter is healthy and since Campbell is a Payton disciple he may agree.

1 Like

I wouldn’t hate it, I think he’s legitimately talented and for me if you’re gonna go with a young, untested backup, it should be one who can move. I’d love to get Huntley but I think his next move is as a starter.

I cannot now stop saying his name with an “Aaayyyy” before it, like Im his drunk old Italian uncle…with the hand gesture, the whole thing…

Italian Hand GIF

3 Likes

Not bad for a backup.

Strong is more talented at spinning the football than Batch ever was. When healthy. There’s a decent chance he’s never healthy again though.

The Steelers always had 3. They had to have a decent QB behind him. Charlie was good for two games before he got broken.
Very good QB! He was just made of glass. Brittle.

Odd story with Carson Strong, apparently Sinnett was awful yet he kept #3 spot.

IMO, Strong won’t be any better NOW than Boyle or Blough.

As a developmental QB, perhaps.

But if that was the case maybe we would have drafted him.

1 Like

I’m ONLY interested in a young prospect IF they believe he can become our franchise starter. If not, then I’d rather have a veteran guy destined to never be a starter than a guy who offers nothing to Goff during the week or on Sundays because he doesn’t know shitznit. Stick with Blough. He sucks, but he sucked last year and that was the time to realize it. Not now. I didn’t view Strong as a potential franchise QB as a prospect. The fact he went undrafted and is now job hunting doesn’t change my initial thoughts on him.

3 Likes

Does Goff really need David Blough or Tim Boyle advice to perform?

2 Likes

The NFL’s DEI department has been unable to convince the competition committee to allow wheelchairs on the field during games yet. This is Strong’s biggest roadblock.

I’m totally with @Thats2 about a backup with wheels being ideal. I brought up Ian Book for that reason yesterday. Let’s see if the Saints do actually release him.

1 Like

Here for my Kennedy crow!

Thought he had a shot at making this team…

1 Like

You’ll see him week #13 when he gets activated from the practice squad.

3 Likes

His best bet would be to spend the next 9 months building strength. Then try out for as many teams as he can, come free agency.

Yes.

WOW
Someone will pick him up, for sure. Was he making too much $$?

Hilarious, bro. Fantastic movie too.

1 Like

Don’t buy it.

This is intriguing to me.

4 Likes

No I think he was just too one dimensional from what I was reading… good rusher but didn’t offer much in the passing game.

I don’t know myself because I haven’t been following him, but that’s the first impression I got from what I was reading.

I remember he had a nice little run with the Patriots, then they let him go and I kind of forgot about him. Didn’t make much noise with the rams I don’t think? Or was he on the super bowl team this past year?

1 Like