Now it's the Den's time to shine

Did you guys feel it this morning? You know, that Christmas morning feeling? It’s the dead period! For six weeks, absolutely no league action. This is the time for all true Lions fans to shine. Six weeks of speculation, conjecture, and wild theories that get treated like gospel.

Don’t like my opinion on which veteran gets a three year extension? Then you are a f’ing moron who doesn’t deserve to breathe my air. Disagree with my choice for a 4th round selection? I hope your dog dies in traffic while your kids are watching. Everyone’s genius will go unquestioned by reality for at least six glorious weeks.

This isn’t the off season for this board, it is the real season. Good luck to all.

8 Likes

I’ll be the first to admit I’m opinionated. I’ll also be the first to admit my opinion is wrong sometimes. However my track record might actually be better than our GM’s … lol

I enjoy the debates and hearing everyone’s take on players. I watch a lot of College ball but don’t have enough time to form a solid opinion on every prospect. So I personally enjoy hearing everyone’s take and try to be respectful of it as best I can.

I honestly think there’s only a few Den members who resort to name calling. Your painting with a broad brush my friend.

I’m not sure why today’s society is so hell bent on the thought that there’s only one right opinion and everyone must conform to that opinion. They get upset whenever anyone disagree’s with them… Don’t be so thin skinned and take everyone’s opinion with a grain of salt and then form your own educated opinion. Be willing to listen to others takes and be willing to admit you could be wrong or that both views could be right. Lastly when someone disagree’s keep the personal attacks to yourself. I believe that if you can’t form an educated response without reverting to name calling than more than likely I’m wrong.

8 Likes

I would venture that this six weeks is time for the Lions to be the media Darlings of the NFL or at least the attention whores. Picks one and two seem to be baked in the cake at this point so the rampant amount of speculation and coverage about who is going to drop down to three in a trade down with Detroit, because I could never be about what will Detroit do at 3, should be close to an everyday read somewhere around the country

2 Likes

I agree weasel. This years offseason will be much more interesting than in recent years. The Lions hold the pivotal pick in the draft.

1 Like

You’re dead wrong! How can you be such a moron, er, um, genius?

This is why my new initials are IMWO. In My Worthless Opinion…it is seldom humble so no more posting IMHO.

1 Like

19-0 until proven otherwise baby!!

2 Likes

I think if we went back a few years and put together a list of everyone’s mock drafts from here, each and every poster would have yielded better results than Bob Quinn. I am not sure a single person liked the Tabor pick. Most thought reaching for TJH and Tavai was terrible. Davis… ugh.

I wish we could access the old 247 board for some of that info. I have no doubt in my mind that even the posters here I disagree with the most would have drafted better than BQ.

1 Like

Well free agency will tell us everything we need to know going into the draft here in 2020 as far as #3 is concerned …
You know , the big free agent signing TE Jesse James to go along with our other building block TE in Michael Roberts surely takes TE at #8 overall and the non stop speculation of all world TE Hockenson and his pancake blocks off the table and we can put that to rest …:joy:

Someone says that every year … lol

It seems that often the areas BQ targets in FA are often the same areas he does in the draft. Meaning he likes to toss a lot at an area of weakness to see what sticks.

1 Like
2 Likes

You had me at Christmas morn…

1 Like

Wrong again. I loved the Tabor pick :smirk:

1 Like

Boys, I guarantee I would somehow f it all up. :man_facepalming:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we went corner in FA and at 3 or 5. He does seem to focus on one group each offseason doesn’t he? Didn’t he draft Decker, Dahl and GG in the same draft?I think they all came in 2016?

Yeah seems to be a trend of his.

I’m starting to believe that we will target a CB with one of our first two picks.

1 Like