OC - Anthony Lynn nearing agreement

Baltimore. They are heavy run orientated.

And they have Lamar as an extra RB in the backfield, so they get to not be an amazing passing team. Stafford is not Lamar.

And the hires have come together very quickly…

You wanted a team that wasn’t pass orientated.

Don’t know about a run-first Offense if your QB is Matt Stafford. Why are you paying a guy $30mil/yr to hand the ball off? Makes me wonder if Stafford is going to be our QB this year or not. Nothing wrong with being balanced so the defense has to honor the play-action, that makes you more unpredictable and therefore harder to defend against.

Yeah, ok. You’re right.

Guess we don’t have to worry about Stafford anymore.

Wow thanks for putting all that together dude!

1 Like

You really think we can’t throw the ball, that’s all we’ve been able to do for the past 12 years.

1 Like

Hey, Fields and Lance would be interesting for a run heavy offense. Gives an option threat.

1 Like

It takes 20 second to see where the Chargers ranked in pass attempts and run pass ratio while under Lynn

The fact that people form opinions like this when the information readily available is what’s wrong with this country.

3 Likes

Sounds like its going to be more like the Rams/49ers with McVay and Shanahan. Lynn wasn’t the OC, but instituted the changes.

1 Like

Seems consistent with what Campbell was indicating in his presser. He seemed to want to say ‘run first’ but was at the same time admitting that the league has changed, noting the predominance of the passing stats over recent years. Run game seems to want to be his first foot forward - but he’s checked himself for the sake of passing balance - or so it seems to me.

So far, I just take it to indicate a certain insistence on the run game, not to the deficit of the pass game

‘50 passes a game is too many…at the same time, 50 runs a game is too many.’ -something to that effect

I can accept running competence if it raises the ceiling on passing competence

Now THAT I can get behind.

Interesting. He ended up hiring two of the first guys that were brought up. Need to tighten up the leaks in Allen Park.

Or it just doesn’t matter, because it’s football not a nuclear strategy. If that was Dan’s approach, I’d actually appreciate the transparency.

2 Likes

Thumbs DOWN for me…That said, Lions are now set to take advantage of the NFL’s new minority promotion 3rd Round Bonus Picks with the addition of Glenn & possibly Lynn !!!..Also, presents a new public Detroit FACE to the NFL, and the nation at-large. Good for the locker room and agents/players. Detroit, now is among the League leaders in promoting minority hiring. A Leader.

Detroit Lions image is changing before our eyes. Good on them/us…Now about those phantom holding calls in the 4th Quarter with the game on the line???..Maybe the league would begin to cut the Lions some slack?.. I can always dream.

2 Likes

Best move they made this off-season… I liked Lynn in LA

4 Likes

Love it!!!

3 Likes

You have jewels of wisdom mixed in that madness

Justin Herbert just had the best passing rookie season in NFL history under Lynn.

Oh and no quarterback from Oregon had ever been good either

1 Like