Official fire MCDC thread

I’m not making any judgment on either Holmes or DC until next year.

I have some concerns about each but much more so Dan. There are some things that I’ve seen out of Dan that I’ve liked but he clearly needs to fix some of his decision making processes and needs to figure out why his guys have started coming out flat.

4 Likes

Oh he has definitely lost the team at this point.

Unfortunately I saw on Facebook that the Dallas Cowboys are not currently taking fan applications. The explanation is they don’t want bandwagon fans. The irony of seeing people I grew up with who couldn’t locate Dallas on a map if you spotted them Austin and Tyler who jumped on the 90s Cowboys bandwagon posting memes about not jumping in the current bandwagon…is hysterical to me.

4 Likes

Cowboys hating on wagons. What has the world come to?

8 Likes

The Lions allowed 21 3rd quarter points. The Eagles only threw the ball 14 times.

They beat our asses. They jammed the football down our throats. 4 rushing TDs.

That isn’t coaching. Motivation and trust. Heart. This team mails it in.

1 Like

Well getting the team up and ready to play is a big part of coaching. Back to back home games with zero juice. They need to figure out why.

A team that mails it in Is a really bad reflection on their leadership

I haven’t seen anything this bad since the Thanksgiving game against the Titans when we went 0-16

Kneecap Biter has definitely lost this team. He is Rod Marinelli 2.0 now. Actually worse because that team didn’t mail it in until Thanksgiving

1 Like

I think that is more about emboldening current fans than keeping out new ones.

Dallas is where the TV commercials for the highway cleanup program started with the famous slogan “Don’t mess with Texas”. The goal was to target rough and tough cowboys that were the primary litter bugs by making it uncool to mess with Texas. I think the Cowboys are trying to do something similar.

Detroit seems to have it’s own ‘us against the world’ mentality.

The coaching staff didn’t get their asses kicked in the trenches, but the players did. No one showed up to play like they did last week. Emotional letdown and flat as shit for sure, but firing the coaching staff is bat-shit crazy, knee-jerk reaction, but a typical lions “fan” response. Get a grip…still believe in the staff.

4 Likes

Detroit vs Everybody was a mindset that the Detroit Pistons embodied…even before it was put into a slogan. We upset the apple cart in the 80s and the mid 2000’s Pistons brought that same energy. Its why we love them so much.

Being with the Lions goes back to the same concept. You are going to lose. Its just the natural order of things. But if you somehow manage 1 single championship…you will be immortal. Just look at all of the references to Erik Kramer. Erik Kramer just happened to be the QB back in the early 90’s when we won a single playoff game. The guy was here for the next 2 seasons and didn’t do shit…he couldn’t even manage to get on the field part of the time. But just look at how many Erik Kramer references you see here, and people are absolutely blinded by the 1991 playoff win and forget 1992, 1993 and future years even happened. Win here…and you will be a GOD.

3 Likes

Call me crazy but I’m sticking with Campbell. Goff SUCKS. I’d dump him before I get rid of Campbell.

3 Likes

LOL…was this posted in the past? I did not know this.

“Detroit Lions head coach Dan Campbell wasn’t the top coach on the team’s wishlist this offseason. He might not have been the top Campbell, either.”

“At his introductory press conference, Dan Campbell joked that he got the job because his agent convinced the team it was hiring the other Campbell.”

Why give a guy that has never been a head coach a 6 year contract? How about a 2 year and prove it with incentives? Just spit balling here as a small business owner.

4 Likes

It’s going to take at least 2 years to get rid of some contracts and draft and sign other players.

No don’t fire him. We need 0-17

1 Like

If my memory is right, didn’t Kramer become a FA after our playoff win?

Nope. He was here in 1992 and again in 1993. He didn’t move on to the Bears until 1994.

1 Like

Just looked it up he had a 95 rating and was 3-1 in 93. Did he get hurt or just not win the job. 92 was awful.

Lock this thread. It’s only gonna start shit.:astonished:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Kramer was #3 behind Peete and Ware, who both got injured. That’s the only reason he played at all.
Kramer had been a scab in the previous strike. The players would rather lose with Peete or Ware, than win with a scab.

2 Likes