OG Logan Stenberg

There is the perhaps not so WTF pick.

1 Like

Thought that too. We just traded up for a guard.

Sucks. “Win-now” 7-9 bullshit. ESPN not even acknowledging it.

Yeah, I totally don’t understand this pick. If OG was that big of a concern, should have just resigned Glasgow and used these picks elsewhere to strengthen the team.
I feel like we’re chasing our tails now.

3 Likes

It’s like 3 WRs in 4 picks for the Raiders lol

Someone the staff had at the Senior Bowl where he dominated in run blocking drills

Finally, a head-scratcher. It had to happen.

Can never have too much help on the Oline and frankly we needed 2 guards.

Not mad about this.

1 Like

Yes!!! I’ll start by saying I’m a little biased, but look for this kid to make the roster. He’s got good size and plays with an absolute mean streak. He helped anchor what was arguably a top ten offensive line at UK. The biggest knock on him last season was playing too aggressive and getting untimely unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. But, he’s intelligent, is a GREAT kid and teammate, and has the tools to have a solid career.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Yep, I was going to ask if he was at the Senior Bowl.

1 Like
1 Like

Really wanted the WR out of Minnesota (Johnson).

Thanks for posting this, it helps ease the sting.

Cool links. Well, he looks interesting. Not sure why he wasn’t held in higher regard by most sites.
He’s huge!

I don’t think it sounds like a WTF pick at all. Everything I’m reading says he is a huge mean run blocking machine. They are building their line and improving the run game…which keeps stafford healthy and the defense off the field.

3 Likes

Looks like pass-pro will be a challenge for him. Short arms for his size and not bendy. Holds a lot.

My biggest issue with this draft is that OG and RB are not premium positions, and we’ve taken 3/5 picks there. I like the players individually just fine… but this strikes me as win-now, need based drafting. We aren’t good enough to draft based on need. We should be drafting on value, and then we can draft based on need if we ever become legitimate contenders.

1 Like

This is very interesting. Seems like the Lions are done messing around with this damn running game.

This also suggests Dahl is on the hot seat at LOG with Jonah Jackson and that Logan Stenberg is the guy fighting to play ROG.

Unexpected ad interesting. Hard to like and NOT like this pick as we now picked a RB in rd. 2 and guards in rd. 3 and 4 after a trade down.

We still have 5 5th rd. picks now I believe and I hope we flush out the defense with these picks.

2 Likes

Perhaps not.

Maybe Beau B’s days are numbered.

2 Likes