Oh, Stanley Wilson, Sigh

2 Likes

Hmmm… sad to see.
Unfortunately… may be following in his father’s path.

1 Like

It mentioned Portland in one case.

Isn’t this the guy that got arrested for the same thing years ago?

How does a guy named Stanley get into trouble?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/02/19/ex-nfl-player-stanley-wilson-arrested-while-naked-for-third-time/

1 Like

Gotta be CTE, an awesome drug cocktail, or a little bit of both. Just not normal to break into a house twice and then take time to bathe in the front yard fountain. Thought he was back in ‘Nam in a rice paddy, even though the war ended well before he was born.

1 Like

Did you ever consider that he is a championship boxer who works for the CIA as a social media influencer to change how we look at car insurance?

I figure that explanation is about as feasible as whatever was going thru his mind at the time.

rediscovering jade roper GIF

4 Likes

your mind followed the exact same path as mine. LOL. NICE!

1 Like

He’s more of a Stan…

1 Like

CTE was my immediate thought. Guy sounds like a combo of Yupong and our Wendy’s drive-thru D-line coach Joe Cullen.

1 Like

Hygiene Hijinks

1 Like

That was my second choice.

1 Like

Roper was the best part of Three’s Company, by far.

2 Likes

Down at our rendezvous…

1 Like

I’m Furley certain he wasn’t.
ralph-furley-amuse

Some folks, sadly, just have mental health issues. Schizophrenia is real, drug use triggering Schizophrenia is real. Maybe CTE is in there, maybe its not. Odds are very much against anyone expending the time, effort, and money to find out on his behalf. That’s the cold, hard, and unfortunate truth. I hope I’m wrong, I hope he really does get some real help, but I’m skeptical it’ll actually happen.

These are not the actions of a rational, well-adjusted human being. Its unfortunate that the media feels the need to turn this guys mental health into a carnival sideshow just because he played ball and was drafted a decade or more ago. Anything for a few clicks.

4 Likes

Really? Celebrities have always been held to a different standard when it comes to reporting their crimes. You have free will and can choose not to click on it. I for one am interested in any firmer Lion and agree with you that I hope he gets the help he needs. It’s quite possible that shedding light on stories like this raises the awareness of CTE damage and / or drug addiction. If CTE stories were never reported they would’ve just been swept under the rug like they have been for decades.

1 Like