Ok, sky is not completely falling

Definitely need to fix the defense. The talent is there. The coaching seems to be lacking

I just looked at our upcoming schedule though, and the next several games are very winnable. Chicago has a good defense, but can’t do squat on offense. Dallas could go either way. Just need to play the Dallas team that has been out there the last 3 weeks.

If we can’t win the next 2. I am all in on the sky falling at that point. The Lions are a better team than the Raiders and Giants

1 Like

Who cares about the sky when the frigging sun never comes up? Everything you just said is what we’ve all been saying for 30 years.

6 Likes

I think the coaching has been above-average. Not so much today, but as a whole.

I don’t think the sky is falling either, so I definitely agree. Now lose to the NYG next week, or the Raiders, and were in trouble.

I think we ran into a very very good Minnesota team that could win the Super Bowl and we were short-handed, short-weeked, and gimpy.

We scored 30 points against the Vikings, that really should have been enough. Vikings offense is turning into one of the toughest in football. They did this to Philly too.

I think were a decent team. But we have weaknesses, and the Vikings are playing elite.

Defensively, we have been living off the turnover and there wasn’t one this week too.

6 Likes

For some of us, the “sky falls”, as soon as it becomes painfully evident they’ll neither win the Division, or make the Playoffs,

You need to observe what’s happening in the NFC West, in terms of the Wild Card race - and consider both the Packers and Vikes are up on us, Divisionally.

Don’t just be a fan; aspire for better.

3 Likes

What does this even mean lol

4 Likes

I’ve followed this poorly run shit show of a team that never gives anything back to its fans since the late eighties. But yes, I will try to take the abuse more positively! Thank you Tony Robbins!

3 Likes

Lions just lost 3 in a row. Two against division rivals.

At 2-3-1 the season is about as over as it can get at the half way point.

I spent the day disc golfing and it was beautiful outside. Better way to spend a Sunday.

2 Likes

I love this place after a Lions loss. Everybody is so salty they stop making sense.

4 Likes

Adrian, clearly you don’t fan hard enough! Be better! Every morning you get up, look in that mirror, and say “Adrian! Today is the day! Today is the day I’m going to excitedly wag my giant Honolulu blue giant foam finger harder than anyone before me ever has!”

You can do this man, I have faith in you. Don’t let us all down.

6 Likes

Why the hell you’re always the a-hole that comes after me, I’ll nrver know.

Try blocking me.

The sky was never high enough to fall. We started the season with a tie against the worst fucking team in the NFL from the prior season. Count me out of the sunshine pumpers group.

1 Like

All I did was ask a question, dude.

3 Likes

It’s not a coaching issue, it’s a talent issue. Just look at them compared to the Vikings for instance. The Vikings are better at every level outside of QB and even there, I’m.not entirely sure that Cousins is that much of a downgrade on Stafford. Wide receiver and offensive line is arguable. Outside of that, the Vikings are far superior.

The elephant in the room with all the ref mayhem this week is that the Lions had been getting owned in the second half every week. The signs were there that this team was living a bit of a charmed life masking some serious issues and it got exploited today. They just aren’t good enough right now. Maybe it’s a bit of a coaching issue but it’s more of a roster issue than anything else.

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty even talent wise on offense except they have Cook. If healthy I think I like our secondary better but it’s close. Their front seven is clearly better.

We don’t suck. They’re just a bit better

1 Like

Both teams healthy I think the Lions and Vikings are comparable in talent teams.

1 Like

I disagree. They have a far better running back, better tight ends and receivers who are just as good. Stafford is better than Cousins but it’s not a huge gap. Put Stafford on that team and they are a serious SB contender. Put Cousins on this team and yikes.

2 Likes

They are in our division. They are better. Green Bay now has a stranglehold on the division. Its over. What are we arguing about?

2 Likes

I don’t think their Tight ends are better. I’d say it’s a push, they are clearly a lot better at RB

Rudolph is better than any Lions tight end until proven otherwise. Hock has potential but he’s not there yet.

3 Likes

Great analysis Ted. Think it will change fellas. Last week it was we couldn’t settle for FG in the red zone and we did the incredibly well against a very good defense in the red zone.

1 Like