OMG ... poor Micah Parsons and Von Miller

They are pissed at Len Fournette for blocking a DE. I thought it was a hell of a block. (google Fournette and Parsons if you missed it)

DE’s basically attempt to blindside a QB every play of their lives … but they don’t want to be blocked in the shoulder pads straight up by a running back?

I’m having a cranky old man moment with this one.

6 Likes

This redeems Micah in my book.

3 Likes

Fournette is my new favorite non-Lions player.

1 Like

Lmao now Dlinemen want to be treated like franchise QB’s :joy::joy: Von Miller says “Marquee dlinemen”

I don’t think you’re having an old man moment. The hardest position room to handle for a position coach in football is typically the dline room. Not due to complexity of the the position either. For two reasons, the ego these guys have & how fragile they can be

2 Likes

That’s hilarious! I need to see what Pat McAfee had to say about it. The network stole the idea from Pat’s talks with A-A-Ron but still called it “unprecedented,” which Pat got a laugh out of. I think it works better with a guy like Rodgers because he is at the end of his career and is very introspective. He is also the same guy win or lose. Micah is a young kid who is still building his brand. Plus Pat has a “radio” format while the other one is a TV show…which is more about sensationalism than substance.

1 Like

Exactly. It just seems surreal … especially for those of us who watched wild west 80’s and 90’s NFL football. Can you imagine Reggie White complaining about Barry chip blocking him? Or Lawrence Taylor being sad about a RB bumping him. Lol

2 Likes

Why not?

1 Like

I’ll tell you why not …

They aren’t defenseless like a QB. The rest of the team isn’t dependent upon them practicing all week like a QB. They don’t have 6-9 players coming after them every play like a QB.
It’s literally 100% different than playing QB.

time house GIF

3 Likes

You have to wonder how many of these guys would have been able to play 30 years ago?
Very few would have lasted one game in the 50’s.
Can you imagine these guys having to go against Mike Ditka? They’d go home crying to mommy after the first hit.

3 Likes

He has a legit beef in this specific hit. He is engaged with another player and a rb takes a shot with leverage and momentum to his upper chest and more specifically head area. That is a dangerous block. A similar hit on a qb would be flagged. Go too low on a player engaged with a blocker that is illegal. Go to high and it is illegal in a lot of circumstances. This isn’t a player being a bitch.

30 years ago they would like like other players who played 30 years ago. People are a product of their environment and social norms.

1 Like

Except he hits him high. I believe that’s simply treated as a double team. For me that hit is nust football.

2 Likes

Its treated as a double team unless it happens to be the Lions. Specifically Lions vs Rams in 2015 after a big gain from Stafford to Golden Tate. They considered it a chop block on Theo Riddick. Funny how that works.

1 Like

That was funny to watch.

Funny how these two things go together.

If you don’t want to get hit, play a non contact sport. Sounds like cam Newton a few years ago.

2 Likes

This article has a clip of the block in it:

There’s no way the defensive line room even comes close to the egos in the wide receiver room. That’s reality tv level diva.

1 Like

You would think that DB’s & WR’s would rank 1A & 1B. Majority of the time isn’t the case though, Dline usually takes the top spot in locker rooms

I get what your saying and I understand he hits him high. With this specific block there is legitimate frustration with being hit in the neck area when you are engaged with someone else. The question wasn’t is it legal, the focus was more about parsons crying about hit in the first place…this specific hit…he has legit beef.

Watching the talking heads/exfootball players on tv, and they’re just shaking their heads at his crying and whining. Players are getting soft on defense too

3 Likes