On the pass to Chark, who messed up?

Goff wouldn’t have known. He only sees his primary receiver.

2 Likes

You would to be the dumbest person on the planet to think he should have thrown it over his left shoulder with a defender right there. Obviously Chark looked the wrong way

2 Likes

Just checking in after enjoying a day with family…

Can’t we just chalk that up to two guys out of sync due to Chark’s having missed so much time (including practice)?

Seriously.

I watched a game with players all playing way over their head, going toe-to-toe with a damn good opponent. They were possibly just a couple injuries away from pulling off the upset. In the end, I don’t feel compelled to throw anyone under the bus. The Bills were visibly relieved in winning. They had their hands full and were clearly celebrating a hard-fought win (emphasis on the hard-fought part, not the celebrating part).

9 Likes

You make a good point.
Goff saw the blitz coming and his read was Chark and saw that he had a step, ARSB wasn’t his first read and had Goff had to go to his 2nd or 3rd reads, he’s likely sacked.

4 Likes

It’s a low percentage play that stops the clock if unsuccessful. It was 3rd and1. It was a bad call.

6 Likes

Yeah but ARSB was open for a first down instead of just tossing a prayer to Chark.

2 Likes

But ARSB wasn’t his hot guy.
So I guess it’s Goff’s fault for doing what the play called for him to do.
Fricking Goff made Jamaal fumble too, Goff sucks.

2 Likes

Correct. St. should have been targeted.

How do you know who his hot read was?

3 Likes

Is that on Goff or the play called?

I loved Ben’s play call. Going for the win. And the play was there, it just wasn’t executed.

And, even after the play, we kick a FG and tie the game.

6 Likes

Not sure what you mean.

So he looked to Chark right away because he wasn’t his hot guy?!?!

My biggest issues with that approach is leaving our kicker who just missed a 29 yarder with a 51 yarder and leaving Allen too much time.

1 Like

We make that play, we win the game (and Chark was open).

23 seconds for Allen to score a TD? Maybe but I like our odds.

1 Like

Right. But we miss and we’re relying on Badgley. He made it but I was damn sure he wouldn’t. Personally I would have preferred a more measured approach and play for overtime.

I’d feel differently if our QB had shown any type of proficiency making throws like that but he simply hasn’t.

Goff had a better game against this team than nearly every QB this year. Many of the same ragging on Goff gave Stafford every excuse always. Go check on Staffords performance week one against this defense. It’s a top five defense for a reason

4 Likes

When the season started and I saw Bills were our Thanksgiving opponent I cringed and assumed we would get destroyed

We didn’t. I know moral victories suck but this team is right there. This isn’t the SOL who looked clueless in a laughable performance. This is a super young under talented team that plays like they mean it and almost won

9 Likes

I wouldn’t have hated going for it on 4th either. But kicking a 51 yarder indoors is better than outdoors.

Against Buffalo, I like playing for the win. I’d prefer not to go to overtime against Allen.

4 Likes

Absolutely 100% my feelings. And we should never agree. LOL
So who messed up, you or me?

4 Likes