Once again, we are fine

As t thought, laughable anger. The players are all on board and will remain so, they know half our talent is injured and that we will be adding 4 very good players on the field next season. Jamo, our first pick, Rams pick, and our 2nd round pick. FOUR GOOD PLAYERS.

PLUS, a bunch of injured guys will be healthy. Saying the players will bail is simply nonsense, players are not stupid, they know the additions we will have. We spend the 3 top picks on D and we will be much better.

Goff has already proven he can qb a team to a Superbowl. He has been the least of our problems and will have Jamo added to his receiver core next year.

I’ve never been in favor of a “thumbs down” option on message boards, but good lord there are some serious bad takes being posted here. It is absolutely beyond comprehension.

5 Likes

What evidence do you have that suggests B Holmes magically won’t draft more injured players next year?

1 Like

This is a rebuild and the Lions were weak in every department.
They started working on the offense and (when healthy) have a decent O-line, good RBs , decent WRs, and a QB who may be average overall but typically has been able to use his weapons to score enough points this year.

Right now, I see the Lions drafting 8 Linebackers next season. I say this with tongue in cheek but they looked like college players today with Rodriguez being the possible exception.

This team has a ways to go.
Realistically, I want the team to get healthy and see what their offense is like when they get the speed burner in the lineup at WR.

Goff will be the starter here in 2023 barring injury or a huge drop off in play. Guy looks unrecognisable to the player we saw 12 months ago. He put the team in his back today and didn’t flinch. If we had got the ball back with 30 odd seconds left tonight I have little doubt he would have got us in FG range.

Defense is a huge issue and hard to see how we fix it. The talent simply isn’t there. Play calling was terrible today. Very frustrating to watch

2 Likes

Here we go, the first lecture thread…only need to 3 more and I’ll win my over of 3.5!

3 Likes

lol same players next season, same made of glass group…we just got beat by teams we should have walked over vikings seahags, and frankly we were not far off of the eagles. but I see no way “we are fine.” I guess Hutch is ok but even our offense is whittling down by injury…costing us games. these players are not durable ! It’s pretty damn sad when your toughest player ever left the team , because of The circus/clown show that was running this football team. and we have to do better than AG and replace him to boot.

The Offense is fine.
The Defense is anything but fine.
Special Teams are not good.
You’re going to tell me that there is nobody available the is better than Eberly?
Bullshit! Go find him.

At least some get it. The injury to Cominsky was huge. We have Jamo and 3 more top picks coming, and I believe Paschal will be an awesome player as well.

I simply have no worries about this team NEXT SEASON.

Guys, there is no argument to this, WE HAVEN’T EVEN IMPLIMENTED THE FOUNDATION OF THE REBUILD YET, THE RAMS PICKS AND OUR OWN. THOSE 4 PICKS ARE THE CORE OF THE REBUILD, WE HAVE 1 OF THE 4 ON THE FIELD AND A TON OF INJURIES. END OF STORY, WE ARE LOOKING TO BE IN GREAT SHAPE NEXT SEASON.

Yes, this D is a Cominsky away from not giving up 35+ a game…sweet jebus.

4 Likes

I’m starting to lean that way too.
2 more games like this one, and I’ll be thinking contract negotiation

How many “next season”s do we really need to have?

1 Like

:-1:

Down vote just on the incessant use of ALL CAPS.

2 Likes

The offense is better than fine. If they were to continue at this scoring pace it would mark a top 3 scoring offense of the last decade, only behind the 2018-19 Chiefs and the 2013-14 Broncos. Those teams won 75 and 81 % of their regular season games.

2 Likes

One

1 Like

Goff is good. Can build a team around him. Need a defense…like literally, A defense, because right now they dont even have one. Could roll out a bunch of broken of poorly coached toilet seats and fire hydrants and be better.

2 Likes

This offense is beyond fine. This special teams is also fine - they play well, Kipp is a very good coach. I’m not holding the bum kickers against an entire unit. It’s obvious something needs to change with that (the KICKER not the unit).

The defense… well…

OMG is this not the most SOL Lions saying of all time.

Drunk Beach GIF

3 Likes

Of course there not on the field 3 of for were drafted on IR. Lol.
Ashley Olsen Eye Roll GIF by Filmeditor

I’m outta likes…but that draft comment is indeed the most SOL fan take ever.

3 Likes