One Cornerback Lions Could Select in Every Round of NFL Draft

Thoughts from our NFL draft aficionados?

1 Like

2,3,6 are very popular here

1 Like

Hard pass on Rakestraw….

and sure seems like Harden may go earlier than the 7th round.

2 Likes

At least he picked ones that tackle. It would be better to see 3 for each round.

Rakestraw, Carson, Harden all fit: Possible Shortlist of 2024 CB/S Draft Targets

Melton and Green would be outliers. Stiggers? Not sure where he falls. I know PFF has CFL grades, but can’t find anything on Stiggers when it comes to this methodology.

1 Like

Why?

They fit how ? Because they all suck like the rest of last years CBs.

Rakestraw gives out completions like McDonald’s gives out bags through the drive thru. Carson another better tackler then coverage guy. Harden I don’t know much about.

Because they can cover maybe ?
Think About It GIF by Identity

Now that’s how Holmes fixes the position. Just takes one in every round!

Read the linked post?

1 Like

If it were possible to do so I would grab rd. 3,6 and 7 and bypass any more FAs.

1 Like

Melton and Green are the best two players on the list.

2 Likes

Me thinks someone has been dipping into Den group think for ideas…

3 Likes

Full list of CB that are draftable. And over 6’0”

1 Like

He makes me nervous, not quite Teez Tabor level, but not comfortable with him.

3 Likes

That may be, but their run defense grades would make them outliers when it comes to guys Brad has brought in at corner since he’s been here.

2 Likes

That would be wonderful if they’re all available.

Do you have one for coverage ? Because most of our guys can tackle it’s covering WR that they have trouble with. Same with the guys on that list. The outliners as you say are guys that can actually cover a WR. If that is what Brad likes it’s no wonder we’re so terrible at the position because his guys can tackle but none can cover well. We might try a guy that can cover and tackle

I don’t see where Renardo Green ever received any serious accolades from the ACC and I simply have to ask, “Why?”. I mean he got beat out by Elijah Jones for first team. I’ve watched tape, he looks good, I’m not saying he sucks. But I also am not seeing what makes him a “must have” talent.

I haven’t done one for coverage. All the things you said are exactly why I ran the data on their run defense. It’s clear that Brad puts a premium on run defense in the secondary. Whether that is a good or bad thing is up for debate or whether it should be the focus is a whole other debate. I just ran the data and saw the trend. And it’s definitely a trend.

1 Like