Opponents 2023

Can you say first round bye?

4 Likes

Super Bowl GIF by Dolfans NYC

4 Likes

5 Likes

Well, this past summer/preseason I thought the Lions were going to have an easy schedule this season, oops.

Will wait and see but need to get through these five games first.

3 Likes

My guess:

NFC West= Arizona

NFC East= Dallas

AFC North= Browns

2 Likes

There is almost no reason the Lions should lose a home game next year. All of those games are winnable.

2 Likes

Isn’t it whoever finishes in the same place as you in the division? I would say it is likely we finish 2nd this year. That would likely mean Seattle, Dallas, and the Ravens.

2 Likes

The Packers are going to suck in 2023, even if they keep Rodgers. They have no cap space right now, and even if they do max restrcutures on a ton of players they may only be able to get to 40mil or so in cap space. Considering their window is closed, and they already have pushed a ton of money into the future, that would put the Packers in a predicament where they are cash strapped for the next 5 years. Adrian Amos, Cobb, Dean Lowry, Mason Crosby, Allen Lazard, Jarran Reed, Mercedes Lewis, Sammy Watkins, and Elgton Jenkins are all FA’s. The Packers will not be a threat in 2023.

The Bears have a ton of cap space, but one of the youngest rosters in the NFL. If Fields can learn how to throw the ball they could be a tough out, but they are at least another year away from being a threat.

The Vikings are currently over the 2023 projected cap by 5mil. They have pushed some money into the future, but not a substantial amount. With Cousins getting up therein age I could see them trying to push some money into the future to make a few moves this off-season. They also have only acouple key FA’s like Garret Bradbury, Patrick Peterson, Alexander Mattison, Greg Joseph, Chandler Sullivan, and Irv Smith. I feel like they will push enough money into the future to re-sign a couple of these guys, maybe make a move or two in FA, and then enoughto sign draft picks/money for the season. They will again be our biggest competition, but I still see a slightly above average football team. We should be better then them in 2023, IMO.

As for the rest, if you take out the Chiefs, Cowboys, and Ravens, which would all be road games, it is looking like a cakewalk. Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, and Tampa will all be looking for a new QB in 2023 with mediocre at best rosters. The Seahawks, Raiders, and Broncos are .500 teams at best. The Chargers may look a lot different if they fire their coach, but they will be tough to beat as long as they have Herbert.

Overall that looks like a 12 win season to me.

1 Like

They just took too long to grow into themselves. Any schedule is easy for these guys

1 Like

Destroyable! I’m with ya, brother!

wrestlemania iii wrestling GIF by WWE

1 Like

…or more! Love it!

Still relishing this December. Its been way too long.

1 Like

SO fun.
Juuuust love our coach

100% this. We all thought this years schedule was a cake walk. Teams change too much from season to season to project how easy the schedule will be. The Broncos suck this year but they could spend all off-season building a hell of an offensive line to go with that very good defense. The Raiders are starting to put things together. The chargers have been wracked with injuries. The falcons could have a great quarterback in ridder for all we know. Or they could be mediocre again. It’s far too early to tell.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.