Oruwariye improving

I think both of you guys are a little off on this and the true answer lies somewhere in the middle. Amani has had some lucky bounces for sure, but that all can’t be contributed to luck. I think he has had more struggles then Slay had in year 3 for sure, but He has definitely progressed every year. IMO he will settle in as a reliable #2 who is better suited not going up against the opposing teams best WR every play. If by some miracle Okudah can come back and still be that #1 guy I would love this CB group from top to bottom.

1 Like

Oruwariye is not in the echelon of the CBs on that list, but you can’t legitimately argue that he hasn’t improved fairly dramatically from his first two seasons.

5 Likes

I see this too, and feel the truth is in the middle.
IMO, the DB I’m by far most excited by is Iffy. I think he’s gonna be a really good one for us. High Ceiling/High Floor guy

1 Like

He was one of the reasons many of us didn’t want Okudah. You could see it back then.

2 Likes

Anyone hear how he’s doing in rehab?
I think his CB days are over. But Okudah/Walker might be a good safety combo. And Iffy/Oru might be OK for CB’s. But the four of them together will never be elite. We need a stud back there somewhere.

It is heavily influenced… because the BALL matters.

Only 2 players have taken the BALL away from the opposing team more than AO… and he isn’t getting beat deep routinely while doing it.

He has given 60+ yards only 1 time this season… against Justin Jefferson… who has 60+ yards in 10 of 11 games so far.

3 Likes

Keep in mind he also said Trevan Diggs has been terrible. Its trolling dude. I wouldn’t put any time or effort into giving it serious thought.

2 Likes

He almost had 2 picks in that Bears game. The interception he did make was a thing of beauty. Imagine if we had a pass rush as well….he really has been playing some great football this year.

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking, he’s got 5 interceptions and we rarely hit the other team’s QB. Get us Hutch, and hopefully Okwara can come back strong from the injury. We are desperate for a pass rush.

Flowers is getting paid like 1 million per game to either do nothing or sit out injured. Flowers has 3 QB hits all season, I repeat 3. Brockers has 1 QB hit all year, lol. For comparison Myles Garrett has 28 and his contract is very similar to Flower’s contract.

Plays make the game.

You rather have our $18M man getting “pressures” and such or you rather have TJ Watt getting sacks and deflections.

Thought so.

CBs get picks and PDs. Then they tackle. Then you look at rate stats to see if they are being schemed against or away from.

Gimme Picks. Ok…gotta be where the ball is. It isn’t like Favre laying down for Strahan FGS…

I was kind of hoping he would fizzle out just so I wouldn’t have to learn how to pronounce his name

1 Like

Given who the response was directed at, you probably could’ve just stopped here.

The struggle is real.

1 Like

I’m actually following this guy’s posts carefully. Last week, he griped ad nauseam about Alim & Levi. Both had their best games of the year , imo.

I think you need a poll to decide which “problem” area he needs to obsess over next so you can see a bump in performance there, too.

Playcalling/game mgmt ? Penalties ? Endless effing injuries ? Garff ? ( Goff + barf; umbrella term for anything the QB does/not that induces nausea)

On topic, it can go either way with guys like these, but it’s a nice problem to have; Rams nation & , clearly, the team, expected more from Fuller, Williams, Burgess & others, based on their performances last year. Hard to say if it was right place/right time luck last year or the opposite this year- change of DC, injuries, loss of key colleagues.

I think you’ve seen enough of AO, Jacobs, and Parker to say it isn’t ALL luck or splashy moments, but not enough to throw big $$ at. Always good to see young players show up in non-contract years, no ?

4 Likes

Yea exactly, and that points to good coaching IMO when young players, 2 of which are undrafted rookies are exceeding expectations. Pleasant and Glenn are getting the most out of the secondary. Props to those 2 fellas.

1 Like

AND - especially early in the season, he was in position to make picks, but often didn’t make the play. Same w/Iffy. FRUSTSRATING. Slay was like that when he was young too.

I can see these cats getting better.

Diggs hasn’t been good…

And these articles was before Diggs got roasted on Turkey day…multiple PI calls that day too.

Turkey Dancing GIF

8 INTs… and this was posted just moments after he almost made it 9 INTs against the Saints.

One more thing… when ya look at PFF and the stats… they don’t tell you the whole story.

For example… the stats say Diggs has given up a bunch of receiving yards to the WRs he was covering. The stats don’t tell you that 75 yards was attributed to his coverage on a Kendrick Bourne TD… even though his safety (Kazee) whiffed on making a play when it was Kazee’s responsibility to cover the deep ball.

Try watching some ball for a change.

Yeah…almost 9 ints because taysom hill made a horrible pass

Diggs has more INTs by himself than 1/3 of NFL teams… and is equal to another 4 teams.

Only 17 teams have more INTs than Diggs himself.

1 Like