Oruwariye improving

Yea exactly, and that points to good coaching IMO when young players, 2 of which are undrafted rookies are exceeding expectations. Pleasant and Glenn are getting the most out of the secondary. Props to those 2 fellas.

1 Like

AND - especially early in the season, he was in position to make picks, but often didn’t make the play. Same w/Iffy. FRUSTSRATING. Slay was like that when he was young too.

I can see these cats getting better.

Diggs hasn’t been good…

And these articles was before Diggs got roasted on Turkey day…multiple PI calls that day too.

Turkey Dancing GIF

8 INTs… and this was posted just moments after he almost made it 9 INTs against the Saints.

One more thing… when ya look at PFF and the stats… they don’t tell you the whole story.

For example… the stats say Diggs has given up a bunch of receiving yards to the WRs he was covering. The stats don’t tell you that 75 yards was attributed to his coverage on a Kendrick Bourne TD… even though his safety (Kazee) whiffed on making a play when it was Kazee’s responsibility to cover the deep ball.

Try watching some ball for a change.

Yeah…almost 9 ints because taysom hill made a horrible pass

Diggs has more INTs by himself than 1/3 of NFL teams… and is equal to another 4 teams.

Only 17 teams have more INTs than Diggs himself.

1 Like

He has given up big plays and also a lot.of recieivng yards

Also zero.help in run defense.

Did you read my post about the 75 yarder?

Interesting. There is a long history of debate about steals in the NBA in this same way.

The better players knew the guys that overplayed the passing lanes and gave up a lot of points just to get their 2 steals a game. Gus Williams was a guy I remember being mentioned, but thats pretty old school. Zeke was kinda like this because he had Dumars and the wrecking crew behind him. He finished I think 3rd all time in steals. Dumas on thr other hand never had a big stat season on steals…

There are lots of other more egregious examples than Zeke, who played good D, but not great due to his size…just saying NFL possibly can be similar in some cases.

1 Like

Well we still needed someone on the other side.

People didn’t want Okudah for many other reasons.

Another gimme INT for diggs…

oh boy dunk GIF

1 Like

At some point… you have to concede he isn’t just the luckiest player in the league.

I hate the Cowboys more than anything else in the NFL… but there is no denying that Diggs has a talent in taking the ball away.

The ball was thrown right to him …cmon!

9 INTs.

Either he is the luckiest SOB in the NFL… or there is some talent imvolved in having as many INTs as 15 NFL teams currently have.

2 Likes

Rajon Rondo is a more recent example of a player hunting for steals while not giving a crap about much else on defense. Just in terms of basketball - not relating this to Diggs, just couldn’t help but chime in about this part :slight_smile:

1 Like

in fairness PFF has Oruwariye rated as the 100th best corner, out of 122 guys. That would put him around a 3rd or 4th depth CB for a good team. Which is about where he realistically should be IMO. I actually think Jacobs, the undrafted guy, has looked better to my naked eye. Of the Lions secondary I would say having Walker at safety and Jacobs in the slot… those guys can be long terms starters or at least have the potential to be. At CB I think Oruwariye and Okudah have the potential to battle it out for a starter spot at the #2 CB spot… but a legit #1 CB is realistically needed if the Lions want to contend. I think a legit safety is also needed as well.

I do agree with the people saying Oruwariye has improved though. No doubt about it, for a 5th round pick he’s been a hit for sure.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a great example.

Yeah I agree with this we still need a top CB and Safety.

I think we should try to get a vet CB like Carlton Davis. Put him with the rest and and pretty strong group.

At safety I’m worried that if they resign Walker they will not see safety as a need because they still seem to love Harris. Witch is another bad evaluation by Holmes.

I think there are too many other needs on this roster to worry about investing heavily in a potential #1 CB in 2022. I would rather roll with Okudah/Amani/Jacobs/Melifonwu/Parker in 2022 with maybe a solid veteran who comes at a reasonable cost. See what happens with them and if nobody emerges as a #1 guy then address in 2023 when you have less needs. To me 1, maybe 2 safeties depending on Walker, LB’er, edge rusher, QB, and WR and much bigger needs to address to me.

This discussion kind of reminded me of Dre Bly.
There were some who knocked Bly for being a bit of a gambler… but I don’t remember many complaints when he came to Detroit and had 16 INTs and 8 forced fumbles in his 1st 3 years here.

1 Like