Our first win

Six more chances. We have Minnesota, @Denver, Arizona, @Atlanta, @Seattle, GreenBay.

There’s only one team I WANT us to lose to: Arizona. B/c I’d like to see the Rams get a wildcard vs. winning the division. If Arizona loses to us, it makes it more likely that the Rams win their division. (Disclaimer: I don’t hate Matt Stafford, LOL).

I can see the Lions beating Arizona. Its just what we do.

2 Likes

October 23rd, 2025 will be our next W. haha

I’d say our only real shot this year would be Atlanta. They have been getting destroyed recently. They have 1 field goal in their last 2 games combined, averaging 1.5 points per game in the last 2. The Lions can compete with that.

1 Like

Wonder what our draft pick would be, if they were in the wildcard and lost?
Mid 20s?

Yup
1-15-1

Could be low 20’s I believe if that happens.

:+1: Out of “likes” again

1 Like

Wild card losers pick anywhere from 19-24. With the Rams record, it would probably be 22 or 23.
Divisional round losers are 25-28.
Conference losers are 29 and 30.

Tankathon has them with pick 27 right now.

Go Cards!

2 Likes

We aren’t winning any of those and it’s weird that anyone would look at that schedule and this team and think otherwise.

We’ll win next year. I think.

1 Like

I was just thinking this. We’re not winning a game this year and when we go winless will Dan completely lose the team and if he does….

How many losses does it take next year before he loses his supporters?

At 0-3, 0-5, 0-11?

At what point does Sheila say enough?

Have you looked at Atlanta’s numbers? We might be favored in that one by Vegas when it comes around.

1 Like

Seattle is a mess too but I agree that Atlanta is our best chance to win.

Atl is 178 points for and 288 against. Yet they have 4 wins.

DET is 174 for and 289 against. On paper we look comparable until you look at the win column.

So why is it that Atl has 4 wins and we have none?

Game management.

1 Like

Actually, the answer is probably in strength of schedule. We’ve faced the 2nd toughest DVOA so this season.

That’s not to say their play-calling hasn’t been better, just that the average strength of their opponent is lower than ours

It’s weird to think one of the cool reasons to hire Dan was to see if a player from our 0-16 team could turn it around here.

Never imagined he’d be able to replicate the effort.

I mean, seriously: he’ll be known professionally as Mr. Winless.

And he went 0-3 in the preseason.

So his all time Lions record is 0-13-1.

Mr. Winless!!

mr burns GIF

1 Like

I think I did a thing.

Did I do a thing?

2 Likes

There’s truth there.

So far this season we have faced a slightly tougher schedule. Atlanta’s opponents have won 145 games and ours have won 150 games.

However we have a much weaker schedule to finish out the season playing 3 last place teams in SEA, DEN and ATL. So time will tell if this argument holds water. At seasons end when our SOS is near identical to ATL do you believe we will have 4 wins?

If not what would be your answer then?

The Bears opponents have a total of 149 wins. The difference is they played us. They also have 4 wins more than us.

I’m leaning on Game Management as the more likely culprit.

Game management
Kicking game
some semblance of a QB
Offensive threats

Absolutely not. I’m just hoping for the 1 against Atlanta.

I see the roster the same as Vegas seen it to start the season… the underdog in every game. The 1 exception is Atlanta, IMO, who might be the dog in our matchup. We’ll see how it shakes out.

1 Like

My hope is simply what’s in front of us: beat Minny.

After that? Of course Atlanta

If we do go winless, we then must go undefeated and win the SB next year to really f it up as who could replicate that two season path?! :crazy_face::+1::upside_down_face::heart::pray:

1 Like

There is some chance that the teams we play with because of their lost season will start thinking about the draft.
Maybe which team has the desire to move down and that’s our chance.
So many defeats plus preseason don’t look nice.
I wouldn’t stop cheering for the Lions even if they lose all the games next season, there is no other club but the Lions.
I look forward to victories and defeats make me sad, but my heart does not move away from the club.
:blush:

2 Likes