Our OC getting praise from Matt for aggressive play call!

Stafford wasn’t pressured as much either, 6 times on Sunday vs a league high 22 against AZ.

When you have special throwing ability it is criminal for an OC not to force the other team to deal with it. Every team that faces the Lions should have to defend the entire field. There is not one team in the NFL that the Lions shouldn’t have a decent chance of beating as long as you allow Stafford to threaten the other defense.

2 Likes

I’m always in on staying in full attack mode - always.
As much time as we can buy (which routes have time to develop) -->Go for that!

“I don’t coach skerred!!!”

2 Likes

I like the Jim Shorts vs Harbough incident better…lol

1 Like

They’re both arrogant dicks, and I’m a UM fan…lol

1 Like

Agree…and same

It almost seemed like Harbaugh didn’t know Jim Schwartz was the HC. Maybe he thought he was a conditioning coach or something else… :joy:

It was exactly like that LOL

Schwartz was gonna congratulate Jim and give him that little chitchat coaches always do…

And Harbaugh blew right through him as if he was fan that had gotten on the field LOL :joy:

1 Like

Its interesting because at the time, I kind of thought Schwartz was being a sore loser and too sensitive about it…but was glad we had a coach that would step up like he did when he felt disrespected. But with the benefit of hindsight and not being caught up in the moment…holy shit what Harbaugh did was disrespectful as hell.

2 Likes

Exactly. I totally get why Jim felt disrespected

He should have put him in a wrist lock to gain arm control, then face plant him into the turf and sink an arm bar…BOOM! Pop his arm out. :wink:

Instead, he runs away, worries what the fans think, then …when there’s lots of people between him and Jim, he pretends he wants to fight. Nonsense.

As much as I would love to see Harbaugh get embarrassed for that, Shorts hailed it like a sissy, IMO.

Either do care, or don’t…Don’t pretend you want to fight after the fact. Inauthentic behavior.

Gym said he “didn’t want to lose his Detroit card”.

Should have challenged him to a cage fight and donate the proceeds to the homeless.

Didn’t Schwartz give Harbaugh sh-t in that game for not knowing the rules when Harbaugh threw a challenge flag on an unreviewable call?

The 1st down conversion along the sidelines with a little toe-tap stood out nicely to me.
Reminded me of one of the reasons I appreciate the QB. 3rd downs, behind the chains, in your own end of the field, pressure on… not a problem. He’s often delivers darts in tight windows to gain another set of downs that many other QB’s cannot.

I really lied Linehan

Not that I recall. That’s not saying it didn’t happen, I just don’t remember it. Schwartz has done similar things before though, including telling the refs to learn the F’n rules as he stormed off the field in victory.

The one I loved the most was this one:

Shorts started it. I totally remember the game and said at the back clap that Shorts deserved it for his Chutzpah. I’m generally quite aware when someone gets hoisted by their own petard (which happened the following week when he threw a challenge flag on a scoring play just like Harbaugh. I shouted at the TV “LEARN THE RULES”, thereby cementing what he said to Harbaugh in there forever.

1 Like

Right it was the refs not Harbaugh with the learn the F’ing rules thing.
But he did some taking to Harbaugh as AngryDriver’s article points out
Schwartz did get into it with a opposing player once…I think it was Dez
Edit: It was Dez. I didn’t see Wes’s video. But before the part in your video Schwartz and Dez were jawing on the sideline. Then when it was ruled incomplete that stuff in the video happened. I actually think he was talking to Dez as a follow up on their sideline jawing when he did the “Incomplete MFer”

Eh…at first Schwartz was kind of stunned…like “WTF???”
Then he got pissed about it and went after Harbaugh.