Our offense looks pretty good! Defense is shit

So loving our offense so far. Cephus has been looking good but our defense sucks ass

1 Like

still need more firepower, never going to compete /win this way. Defense is soft STILL, and the offense leaves something lacking.

3 Likes

Defense blows. Aside from Walker, who else in that back 7? Iffy looked ok until he got hurt

that’s why I want the vast majority to be QUALITY defensive players, next draft.

1 Like

Run game looks good until we get down by 3 touch downs.

1 Like

You are my favorite poster. :joy:

2 Likes

Offense is coming around. Really like what I see in the run game.
When Decker gets back the run game might even be stronger. The Lions did the right thing getting Sewell. Solidifies the O-line for the future.
Running backs are decent as well.

Defense - another story.
Start following those college games where they have standout LBs and just about everything else.

At least it looks like the new GM and staff have a plan in place. It will take time.

2 Likes

Going to be one of those years in which we simply don’t have enough CBs

2 Likes

To be honest… I think amani o can play. He just seems to get picked on way less than the others.

1 Like

AO is a good young player. But if Iffy is out for a while we’re really in trouble. Probably are with Iffy in there.

1 Like

The offense is lacking receivers who can catch balls. There were several perfectly thrown balls that were dropped tonight.

3 Likes

I agree, I was happy when we had MJ, Golladay, and Amen…with Hock…somebody was going to be open, and they could make things happen…right now? Chephus is a fairly good WR, Hock is a flat playmaker, from there, we go flat.
that means we need to refine that area and really gain some solid defensive players…there’s no arguement.

In all fairness I started this thread at halftime. Nothing looked very good after the half

1 Like

Then they have to go to the pass game to play catch-up. You see how THAT works.

1 Like

Granted we have a lot of cap room next year but I think Flowers and Collins will cost close to 20 million in dead cap space if cut traded in the off season.

Flowers hasn’t come anywhere close to living up to his contract but I think he is a solid pro while Collins just looks like the same disinterested player he was in Cleveland. I think they will eat Collins dead money which is close to half of what Flowers is come next spring.

I think Goff will be our QB until the end of 2022 given his contract but more so the other huge holes we have all over the roster but especially on defense. Barring the front office falling in love with a QB in the draft I think it will need to be one of Stingley or Thibodeaux with our first pick which should be top 5 or even top 3.

Rams look like a play off team - could we get a Kyle Hamilton in the early 20s?

1 Like

GB went to pass happy, and we started playing more man. oops. should have just played cover 2 all night. Long drives but you don’t get killed with the long bombs.

My draft next 2 seasons for lions

Defense
Defense
Defense
Wr
Defense
Defense
Defense
Defense

Next season
Defense
Defense
Defense
Wr
Defense
Defense
Defense
Defense

You can move the wr up if its a stud #1 guy

1 Like

The defense has taken a step backward from last year.
Unbelievably, the offense, with zero proven WR’s, looks adequate.
Goff should probably wear sticky gloves in the rain from now on, though.

And, for Pete’s sake, sit Swift until there is a team worth taking a chance of him getting seriously injured.
That will not be the case this year.
I’d probably sit Goff, too. Does it really matter how bad you lose?

Shit, why even bother to show up for the game?

Let’s forfeit the next 32 games, guarantee that we’ll lose every one, collect all the Beanz, and then…

winning charlie sheen GIF