Packers Signing QB...Blake Bortles LOL

Yikes. They better hope Aaron decides to stay.

1 Like

Didn’t Bortles play for their OC?

That asian guy on the good place just bought a packers Jersey… then he was instantly transported to the bad place where all packer fans belong.

3 Likes

I think Rodgers holds out and misses preseason and the first game of the season.

He then comes back for the MNF game against the Lions. The Lions in turn, ruin Rodgers career like they ruined Tebows and Vicks career.

2 Likes

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

lol @ Blake Bortles.

Theory A is they are about to trade Jordan Love, sign Rodgers to an extension and Bortles is the new backup!

Or

Theory B is they are about to trade Aaron Rodgers and Bortles is the new backup for Jordan Love!

Please option B, please!!! ha ha

2 Likes

Bordelaise!!!

1 Like

I will take Theory C: They are about to trade Aaron Rodgers and Bortles is the new veteran starter!

3 Likes

If you are ready for the Packers to finish dead last in the NFC north…

Steve Austin Crickets GIF by Chris Hranj

2 Likes

Despite spending 1.5 years with the ‘qb guru’ McVay, he couldn’t beat out undrafted Wolford (who I really like) for the back-up job at the Rams.

He’s an established vet but seemingly got no better in LA.

Goff sucks so bad that he literally got benched in favor of Wolford. Or at least that’s what I was told. :sunglasses:

Oh Boy, I fell into that one!

If Wolford was more than a Backup, McVay would never have traded for Stafford.

Back to Bortles, Holmes surely knew he could get Bortles too but instead chose Boyle.

QB Rankings from my perspective

1. Goff
  2. Stafford
  3. Wolford
  4. Boyle

and then Bortles

1. Bortles
3 Likes

I remember one former football player turned analyst said years ago “Blake Bortles to me looks like a linebacker who can throw a football. He’s not a quarterback.”

Thinking about it more, I’m thinking the Packers too would have preferred Boyle to Bortles. When they let Boyle walk, they probably thought they were set with Rodgers and Love. Getting Bortles does signal that they may be preparing for Aaron to sit. They just again reiterated they are not trading him.

Or option C, they trade Rodgers and Bortles is their new starter.

1 Like

Regardless of whether Rogers is there or not they were going to sign a third quarterback because they only have two on the roster. Just give them a veteran in case but otherwise really has no play on the Rogers or deal at all in my opinion

Its unusual for the Packers so its worth noting. They don’t typically sign QBs with starting experience to play backup. The last one I can recall is Vince Young way back in 2013 and he was released a few weeks later. I also recall Tim Couch back in 2004. And again he was released before the season. I’m drawing a blank beyond that unless you want to count a backup who spot started due to injury like Seneca Wallace.

Unless you have additional info, this is out of character for the Packers. It doesn’t mean something spectacular is about to happen…but it does mean that fans that perk their ears up aren’t crazy and out of line either.

1 Like

I see this as more likely too.

If you don’t draft a single skill position player for 15 years and the one time you do it is for a QB you are literally terrified to start a year after taking him…you officially get the “smartest man in the room” award.

4 Likes

In other news, Rogers retires, the fans are upset, and the Packers trade for James Morgan as the 3rd QB

Lambeau renamed in December to a fairly obvious new corporate naming sponsor;

The Bortles and James Whine Cooler

4 Likes