Panthers now shopping #1?

Some rumors that the Panthers might now deal the 1st pick. Crazy if that’s true but it could also be genius.

Let’s say they like Stroud and the Texans really want Bryce Young. They still get their guy and recoup a 2024 1st rounder. It would really be an impressive move IMO.

Basically it would’ve been DJ Moore and two 2nd rounders to swap #9 for #2.

1 Like

Nobody will bite. It’s interesting what they’re trying to do, but it’s also pretty obvious. There’s never been a team trade that much to move up in the draft only to say “well actually…” No one will buy it.

3 Likes

This is literally an attempt to bait Jim Irsay specifically into risking it all LOL

6 Likes

What’s there to buy? As long as the Texans say Young is there target what’s the issue?

I’m totally not understanding your point on this one.

1 Like

If they wanted bryce that much than houston would have traded up with chicago i think… i would think houston is either happy with whichever qb they get or they just dont believe carolina is taking their guy. Maybe they shock us all and go anderson, that franchise has done it before

1 Like

Kind of felt like Bears might have traded to soon….but really won’t know for a few years.

1 Like

Imagine they fleeced Irsay now… haha Frank Reich would be a legend!

1 Like

Colts give up #4, 2024 1st, and Michael Pittman to get AR15.

Panthers still get Stroud at 4 lol

1 Like

Totally valid.

But to suggest that nobody is interested in #1 now is totally invalid.

Colts and Raiders are the only two that come to mind tbh for #1

Then yeah I don’t see a trade happening. Moving down any further than 2 risks losing your guy/guys.

1 Like

Almost zero chance of this happening outside of Irsay or the Raiders being dumb enough to do it.

1 Like

Rumor i heard was carolina wants ar-15…

That they’re really interested in moving down. They’re trying to induce panic for an offer crazy enough to get them to move down, and I’m saying it won’t come. No one will buy what they’re selling.

Also I don’t think this has anything to do with the Colts. No way they trade all the way up to one then back to #4 to settle for the 3rd (or 4th best QB). This is all an attempt to bait Houston. But Houston wasn’t even in on trades with the Bears, they won’t be baited by Carolina either.

I also think this sort of thing is promoted by the league. They don’t want the #1 overall pick to be a fait accompli, it’s why they won’t let teams negotiate with the guy they’re gonna pick anymore. It’s bad for the drama of the event.

All valid and obviously makes sense. But what if the Panthers are ok with Young or Stroud? And what if the Texans only want one of them? There’s definitely a chance something is worked out so the Texans can get their guy for sure.

Sure, maybe it isn’t a 1st. But let’s say it’s the first pick in the 3rd round? That’s not a lot for the Texans to surrender at all. And that pick is basically the 2nd rounder the Bears received in the upcoming draft (#61).

I dont think they would move any further down than #2. If the Texans prefer one over the other, a trade gets done imo. But yeah I don’t think any other trade happens.

Texans give up Cooks and a 3rd…makes sense to me :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I will be truly shocked if that happens. I think it’s the Texas who are OK with Stroud or Young, which is why they never tried to move up in the first place.

2 Likes

Not QB coach Josh McCown. He speaks glowingly of Stroud and Young. He had a very harsh review of Levis. He was going to do Richardson next and then changed his mind and did Brock Purdy instead. Doesn’t sound good does it?

I think if you’re the Texans and the Panthers call you to make a deal, you call their bluff, because you know they want the guy you don’t or wouldn’t risk losing him to you. They also aren’t going to trade out of 1 to drop below you, because they wouldn’t have given up all that capital to move to 1 in the first place.

If this happened a month from now I would say yes. Maybe they were shocked a deal happened before Bryce Young ever worked out?

Idk there’s a lot of reasons we didn’t hear rumors yet of the Texans trying to move. Draft is still 6 weeks away!

For the record I agree, I don’t think anything happens. It would just be genius if the Panthers pulled something off.

1 Like

Certainly can’t rule out an impulse buy from Irsay….
he spends $4.5 million on guitars….