Parker Washington WR Penn State

I mentioned him awhile ago and I see there’s been a little chatter about him on this board but what do you guys think of him?
Does he remind anyone else of ARSB?

4 Likes

1 Like

He’s significantly bigger (heavier at least) at 215lbs. Great hands and damn good after the catch. Presumed by most to be slot only. Maybe he and ARSB could coexist.

1 Like

JSN is much more of an Amon-Ra. Not that Amon-Ra isn’t athletic, because he is, but Washington’s athleticism pops more to me if that makes sense. At least in the little I’ve watched him.

I think JSN is more athletic than he’s given credit for.

I think he is too. I think he’s going to change a lot of minds at the combine with how he tests. His athleticism just doesn’t always pop on film. It’s why he’s being thought of as not a good athlete right now.

Absolutely yes

I think he can play outside.

Everyone projects short guys as slot WR’s.

I personally want us to grab a big physical sure handed WR that can be an asset in the Endzone.

1 Like

I love it when CJ & Golliday used to stiff arm ppl in the face & shove them to the ground

1 Like

I think Washington looks more like a RB playing receiver. He gets attention for what he can do after the catch. I was more impressed with the other WR from Penn St Mitchell Tinsley. I think he was a transfer from W Carolina where he had some big years. He looks like the better outside receiver and he held his own at the senior bowl practices.

1 Like

Just look at Odell Beckham as proof. “I like him but he will be a slot only in the NFL.”

1 Like

It really comes down to two things.

Can the WR beat a jam and can they effectively block in run support. If he can he can play outside.

But media types always project short WR’s as slot guys because most are light and can’t beat a jam. They also get knocked off their routes easier.

Parker reminds me a little of Steve Smith. I see some similarities and he reminds me a little of Sterling Shepard too.

3 Likes

First thing that comes to mind: good hands. Dude sort of screams slot WR to me. Not sure how good he is at getting open but he catches things thrown his way and he fights for the ball.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.