Paschal?

Haven’t heard much from him. Anyone else?

They’re being smart with him. He’s been banged up a couple times, now.
We’re winning without him. Might as well let him heal up good. He’s money in the bank. He’ll be fresh and strong when needed in the stretch run and playoffs.
Can you imagine when him and Houston are in the rotation full time?
Like Dan said, “we’re getting healthy at the right time”.
This defensive line could become a real thing of beauty in the next few weeks. All of the sudden our front 7 combinations are scary good.

5 Likes

Gonna rewatch the game tonight, was he injured?

1 Like

He was returning from injury, bit of a pitch count like williams

7 Likes

Brad
MFn
Holmes

3 Likes

I love him, but, I’m still a little salty about FA aquisitions.
He’s a keeper, though.

4 Likes

Much more to come, man!

2 Likes

I think a major part of it is that Cominsky was playing so well, he kept Paschal off the field.

10 Likes

He got this team out of cap hell. Everytime i hear this brought up i assume the poster would rather have millen or mayhew because those is the terrible type of decisions they would have made. He made 1 poor move in hindsight… and even that move was for leadership and culture. So it paid off.

4 Likes

I don’t get the “salty about FA” thing. His plan was to not commit to anyone long term while he started the rebuild via the draft.

I assumed, I did anyways, that he would make changes in FA policy once he had a couple of drafts under his belt. When he was further in the rebuild through that method and improved the cap situation he would then commit to longer term contracts in FA. This allows him to fill in with FA, or finishing touches, instead of trying to build the team through FA.

4 Likes

He has been nursing a knee injury of undisclosed severity

Fixed!

2 Likes

Like Jamaal Williams?

What about DeShon Elliot?

Would you rather have DJ Chark and his contract or Allen Robinson and his?

3 Likes

What would you have done? Sold the future to help with the first struggling years of a rebuild… just so that when the team is better they are ■■■■■■ financially? I didnt need all of those years of calculus and statistics to be able to see he did a great ■■■■■■■ job overall setting us up for the future. I give him an A for his cap handling given the situation he stated with.

4 Likes

We will actually have the money to pay all of these great draft picks as the contracts come due. That is amazing. Build thru the draft and resign all of the worthy players.

5 Likes

It’ll probably make you feel less salty if chark plays the rest of the season like he did yesterday. In fact all our free agents are playing better as of late. Even Hughes and anzalone have been solid.

2 Likes

Paschal looked pretty good vs the Cowboys and Packers… played only 15 snaps yesterday after coming back from the knee injury. He has potential, we just gotta keep him on the field and he needs experience.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have wasted money on Perriman and T. Williams, to begin with.
I don’t know how wasting money saves money? If tanking was the goal, try out 30 UDFA’s and keep the best 3 or 4. It would have been cheaper and they might have been available to play for the money spent.
On the other hand, I wouldn’t have drafted any injured players not expected to be full participants for mini-camp, either.

1 Like

Those were warm bodies to help rectify the cap situation, man.
If we go get more expensive dudes that help us win in that moment…

1. hurts th future of the cap with vet players that are not even going to be here for the playoff runs
  2. takes reps away form the guys that actually have a chance to be here/develop
  3. wins us a game or 2 in a meaningless season and hurts the bean count.

I think they’ve done it masterfully!

4 Likes

That’s not what I said. Healthy UDFA’s would have been cheaper, and available to play.
Perriman never played a game and T. Williams played 2.

1 Like