Pat Caputo discussion: will Stafford be extended?

Stafford said he feels great and would play tommorrow if the games started that was before we drafted. after that, he has been out and running practices/ drills with some of the newer players we did draft . which was also reported here. I bet Stafford is hungrier than hell after ONLY playing half of 2019 and I’d bet he’s chomping at the bit to prove his health and that HE is still a damn good QB. We all know his adaptation to playing injured and being a tough SOB…so if he got injured this season? I’d bet 10 X out of 10 that he’s going to stand pat and play all season .

Over and above that? he now has Swift AND KJ bare minimum to start out with and a returning TJ , probably the best TE we have in that group.

Stafford will be hungry in 2020 to kick ass.

1 Like

If the Lions get the #1 pick in the draft and select Lawrence, what sense would there be to starting Stafford?

Oh so THE most unrealistic scenario is the one you’re hanging your hat on? LOL, got it.

Sure. Because a team that won 3 games the year before obviously has no chance of having the least amount of wins in the NFL next year.
If Stafford plays like he did in 2018 or gets injured again and the defense doesn’t get any pass rush for an entire season, 2-14 is very doable. The Lions are hindered by a bottom 5 GM, a bottom 5 owner, and probably the worst HC in the league.

They could be in the conversation along with Washington, Cincinnati, Jets, Jacksonville, and San Diego for the #1 pick.
Or they could surprise me and win 8 games. They might catch their opponents at the right time with key injuries.
But to say it unrealistic to get the #1 pick in the draft isn’t accurate. They will probably end up picking #6 or #7. A lot depends on if they fire Patricia during the year or force him to coach the trash he and Quinn created.

Or we go 12-4 and win the SB!!

Just sayin’

OK, if it’s so realistic let’s throw down some dough, whatever makes you comfortable.

Ok, you are right. There is no way the Lions can suck again this year. They have won 9 games out of their last 32. Other than the brief, glorious Caldwell years, this franchise has pretty much sucked every year for the last 25 years.

Stay on point, nobody said they couldn’t suck or anything about their past. In or out?

In or out of what?