Pat Caputo: Top 10 Detroit Lions Not Named Barry Sanders Since Last Playoff Win

Suh made everyone else around him better.

1 Like

Brett Perriman: Reg. Season: 428 receptions 5244 yards 12.3 ypr 25 TDs
Playoffs: 25 receptions 299 yards 12.0 yor 2 TDs
23 rushes 173 yards 0 TDs

Johnnie Morton:Reg. Season: 469 receptions 6499 yards 13.9 ypr 35 TDs
Playoffs: 11 receptions 124 yards 11.3 ypr 1 TD
21 rushes 143 yards 0 TDs
1 TD on a 93 yard kickoff return

Overall, Morton was better, except in the playoffs.

1 Like

Well, anyways, my Top 10 Lions not named Barry would NOT include someone who was here for only 5 years and didn’t want to be here to begin with. Suh played for us but I don’t really even consider him much of a Lion. Do you think he’ll come back and retire his jersey here?..hell no he won’t. He wants nothing to do with this state or the Lions.

As debatable as Stafford is, he is the #2 player behind Barry. He’s helped us win, he’s put-up the stats, he’s part of this town.
CJ
Spielman
Herman Moore
Lomas
Porcher

Maybe Stephen Boyd
Johnnie Morton
Luther Ellis
Bennie Blades
Dre Bly
Slay

I know these lists are subjective but Suh is like the least Lion of all these players.

2 Likes

Barry +10

CJ
Stafford
Spielman
Suh
Porcher
Quin
HMoore
LBrown
Slay
Hanson

next tier:
Bly
Rice, Carrier, Shultz
Boyd
Tate, MJones, Perriman, Morton
KGlover, Raiola, Backus
Prater, Gray
Ellis, Ball

Several others had a good season or 2:
Drummond, Burleson, KVB, Levy, Avril, Westbrook, Fair, Swilling, Flowers?, etc.

Others were on their way but injured:
Scheffler, Utlry, RBrown, JBest etc

Suh was the most feared defensive player in football when he was in Detroit. Absolutely should be on this list.

2 Likes

Where’s Robert Clark, and Richard Johnson? Jeff Chadwick?

In all seriousness, I agree with Caputo in that Barry’s OL was better than advertised. Oh what it could have been if Andolsek didn’t pass on in that horrible accident.

Morton and Perriman should be on the list ahead of Suh. Bennie Blades too.

Yes it was … Barry saw 6-8 fronts constantly and all OL will look bad trying to block against that.

Ahead of Suh?
Loved Perriman and Morton. Both were Herman Moore’s support, and were constantly in single coverage because of Barry making the entire D shit themselves.
Suh was more valuable than both of them combined, IMO

1 Like

Can we add Cory Schlesinger to the list? I’d bet MC/DC would love a Cory Schlesinger type on his roster.

Maybe he could lure Zack Line out of retirement. He just finished his first year as HC of our local HS team (Oxford HS).