Patriots possibly looking to trade N’keal Harry

I thought they were going to pick Deebo Samuel.

I trust our leadership

They scout him and if they decide to grab him, I’m in…

2 Likes

I don’t know, our leadership left us in this position with WRs in the first place. And when Sheila brought up the need for WRs, they said it’s OK, we can get Amon Ra, as if he has been any kind of solution.

Now I understand that we can’t fill every hole on this team in one off-season, but it seems definitely misjudged the WR talent on this team and the impact it would have.

Not true. There have been plenty of players who have gone to NE and cannot stand it. Reggie Wayne and Joey Galloway come to mind. Hell, I don’t think Wayne lasted half a season before saying “F this”. They have missed on numerous younger players as well. The key is that they don’t overspend for them, and if they don’t work out they are gone before they do long-term damage and are even remembered as a Patriot for that matter.

Reggie Wayne didn’t last thru training camp/preseason. He asked for his release before the season even started.

1 Like

Hahahaha. Even more brutal than I remembered it being.

The best part of the Reggie Wayne story is that why he went to the Patriots instead of the Lions.

The Patriots didn’t go after his signing bonus. We would have.

2 Likes

Let me make this clear…HELL NOOOOO!!!

You ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Name that movie!!! Lol sorry your sentence reminded me of that quote…

1 Like

Never rub another man’s rhubarb

3 Likes

You… are my number one…. … AGUY!!!

Dammit! I know it’s Jack Nicholson.
I can’t remember which movie?
“A Few Good Men”?
Of course, Batman! I had to cheat.
In other news, I’m applying to be an NFL Ref.

2 Likes

I agree ., He’s a bust.

NE was trying to move him before the season too.

The Pats need WR help and their dealing this chump. He’s a waste of roster space. Your better off taking a guy who has a lot to prove and hasn’t gotten a shot than this guy.

You trust our leadership?!
Love Campbell. Not at trust yet.

What would you have done differently???

Without the benefit of hindsight early in the year… would you have guessed Cordarelle Patterson would be the leading WR in catches amongst free agent WRs?

Nobody would have… and I even like him.

Corey Davis is 2nd… but Lions couldn’t afford him.

And Marvin Jones is #3… who also would have been tough to afford… and he may have just wanted to leave after the Fatty-Matty years.

In the draft?

Lions could have taken Devonta Smith in round 1… or Rondale Moore in round 2. If they picked Smith… people would be whining about how we had nobody to replace an injured Decker at OLT… and Rondale Moore has the benefit of playing with D-Hop, AJ Green, Kirk, and a hyper mobile QB in a wide open offense.

Indeed…It will take more than 1 offseason.

It depends on how the Lions front office felt about our current WRs. If they thought we would be fine at WR this year, that raises some serous questions about their ability to build a team. You address WR a lot earlier than 4th round and you bring in WRs in FA that are more than just bandaids.
Now if they realized that this year was a wasted year and didn’t expect anything, decided to focus on trenches and address WR in 2022, that’s a different story.
I’m just saying I don’t automatically trust the front office.

I can’t say it enough. We didn’t have any money. Name all of the big money free agents that we brought in? Michael Brockers has teh 6th highest cap hit on the entire team and its only $3M. And we STILL have less than $3M in cap space, and that’s after moving money around. We have $57M in dead money, which is the highest in the league.

Again, this was not a situation like when Quinn sat on $16-20M of cap space going into the year. As bad as we are…we also have no cap room either.

3 Likes

I like our leadership from Sheila on down.

No one is perfect: you all, me nor anyone on the Lions payroll…,

It’s about progress not perfection starting out and thru it all…

They’ve made adjustments along they way that make sense and they seem to do the right things now…. You know, dumping players vs holding into them and what we do have, we are still competitive as well!

2 Likes

Rumor the cowboys want brockers.

2 Likes