Penei Sewell down to #12 in DJ's latest rankings

You need to look at other players example Moss has medical problems an has had while at school

Well in 2017 when Slater would have been 18-19 as a true freshman, he was named to the Big 10 all-Freshman team and PFF graded him as the nation’s top freshman offensive lineman. So I bet his film was probably fine

3 Likes

Fair enough, I phrased it poorly.

What I meant was, I bet it wasn’t good enough to win the Outland Trophy.

Well if we take him, let me say that I believe his year off will be more Trent Williams, than Mike Williams…

Maybe people are spooked by his short arms :yum:

If he’s at 7, the Lions should run to the podium…

I perfer slater, he can play all 3

He’s going to be a beast.

I think that without a trade down, the pick has to be either Sewell or Slater.

It may be difficult for a first time GM and HC to swing for the fences with their first ever pick when you have two potential players who could be cornerstone for the next 10 plus years.

I wouldn’t mind if Parsons was the pick as the D needs a face and leader…but that may be a tough thing to do with their first ever pick! Just my two cents

That’s what I think. Sewell or Slater. WRs aren’t as important.

1 Like

I’d rather have all of the pass catchers than Slater. I do like Slater though.

For me it’s probably:

Sewell
Chase/Smith/Pitts/Waddle
Slater

If we pick Fields I’m cool with that as well. I’m one of the half dozen or so on here that believes he’ll be a superstar.

Here is where I’m at on 4/7. Sewell or Trade Down and hopefully Trade Down again. I know it’s like Madden but that’s how much I love the 2nd round options and hate the 1st round options. I just do not see enough of a difference between a Waddle at 7 or Toney at 20-30. Or a Parsons at 7 or JOK at 15. Pitts at 7 or Grimes in the 5th round. I am really starting to like Leatherwood in the 2nd for RT as well if we go another position in round 1. I do think Safety is a screaming need as well, so I’m for as many day 2 picks we can get our hands on because you are still getting impact starters, just more of them.

1 Like