Penei Sewell pitches a shutout in his first start at right tackle

Here’s some good for everyone, I been critical of this pick, but I am wrong what he did against TJ Watt is no small task. This kid seems to have a drive that will make him great. This Oline could turn out to be special.

2 Likes

We win that game if ragnow is healthy. I’m sure of it.

2 Likes

Or if we had a real kicker, or if they put David Blough in possibly …

3 Likes

Or move fox to quarterback lol

3 Likes

I have been half joking about fox at qb

We might have won if Nelson hadn’t gotten injured too.

1 Like

I was in wait and see more with this offensive line all offseason. Mostly for two reasons:

1. The koolaid was flowing in ridiculous amounts on this board all offseason
  2. It’s incredibly hard for me to imagine the Lions having a strong OL. Like, my brain refuses to accept that possibility until I physically see it.

That performance against the Steelers without Ragnow and with it being Deckers first game of the season - super impressive. And fun as hell to watch. It’s usually other teams doing that to the Lions. I hope we get to watch this OL come together and really wreck the line of scrimmage for a few seasons.

1 Like

Yeah this is one position I really like, wasn’t sure about Sewell switching positions but what he did against TJ was no small task. He shut me up that’s forsure. This Oline should only keep getting better and is a positive moving forward.

1 Like

If Sewell can play like this, Decker can regain his form, and Ragnow comes back strong…next year could be fun for the RB’s.

Heck the rest of this year is gonna be fun to own D’Andre in fantasy.

1 Like

Biggest question mark remains Vaitai. Is he who Fraley sees or is he who the Eagles seen? Fraley sees a guy that can do things few players can. Eagles see a sub-par lineman.

It’s interesting … a lot of us thought his struggles were coming from flipping sides – even Penei said as much.

But it really seemed to be more about reps and getting his game legs under him after a year off.

He went to left tackle for awhile, maybe things felt more familiar there. He had some success, and now the move back to RT is going pretty much seamlessly.

He is going to be very good, for a long time.

4 Likes

I had a similar position that his struggles were more about his time away from the game…not the cant play right vs left deal.

Personally I like having our rookie getting reps on both left and right tackle.

Versatility = Greater player value in my book

He really looks like he could play any position on the line other then center.

I agree. I’m looking forward to Sewell being tackle eligible and catching a touchdown…lot’s to look forward too I believe.

I remember when Decker caught his. So fricken cool