Penei's brother declares for the draft

No. Not that one.

Nephi Sewell, the Utah LB, announces that he’ll be entering the draft after the Rose Bowl.

I haven’t watched any of his film but I wouldn’t be shocked to see us try and spend a late round pick on him since we have so many.

I’d take him late. At worst he’ll probably be a special teams demon.

Does he have those freak genetics too?

Pick him up then get the third Sewell next year

I don’t think so but admittedly I haven’t watched him play outside the pac-12 championship game.

1 Like

Saw him in both games against the Ducks. Game 1 he was the Utes top player. Made me look him up to see what year he was. If his other games look anything like that game, he goes round 2-3 if he times okay at the combine.

1 Like

6’-228lbs
A smaller type LB, not sure he fits our defense.

2 Likes

An undersized linebacker converted from safety for Utah. But has a crazy nose for the ball and always seems to be in the right position to make the play. Definitely worth a fifth round flyer for an all-around utility guy with ties already to the team who could step in immediately and be a strong special-teams player

1 Like

Heavy Nickel guy?
We haven’t really been running that → is it due to personnel, or we just don’t strategically do that?

Not really interested. Noah on the other hand…

1 Like

Tell him to eat with his brother. It would give Penei reason to stick around when his rookie contract is up. We already have the Okwara brothers, maybe making this team more of a family affair will build up chemistry and give the team an identity beyond being a place to start or a last payday :thinking: Detroit can’t sell great weather, a huge market, or a long term reputation (the positive variety), but perhaps investing in this manner will give some of these guys more skin in the game. No dumber than other things they’ve tried. Why not?

1 Like

Can he be any worse than Will Harris at safety?

GIF by Entertainment Tonight

3 Likes

Sewell is going to be here for a loooooooong time. No chance they let him escape. If they do, it’s time for new management.

I’m all for bringing in the whole Sewell family.

3 Likes

Yup - them and the Wakandans (South Africans) too. LOVE the way they’re wired and the brotherhood between them.

Agreed. I can’t get enough of anything related to Penei.

Wait… did I say that out loud?

2 Likes

Remember, if anyone has a problem with your love for Penei, they are the asshole!

2 Likes