Penisini

The kinky gap

1 Like

But I think that’s where Hand fits in. Hand and Penisini can fill multiple gaps. I’m guessing Hand and Penisini will get a ton of practice time together. Penisini will get alot more explosive.

4 Likes

I think your thought is right on. To me these guys are locks:
Flowers, Levi, Alim, Brockers, Romeo Okwara, Penisini and Julian Okwara…that is 7 guys.

From there I think D. Hand and Nick Williams are fighting for the 8th spot. I think Hand wins that battle if he stays healthy.

Then we have DE depth with Austin Bryant and Charles Harris. I think Charles Harris wins that battle.

That would be 9 DL guys with us cutting Austin Bryant and Nick Williams. I see both Austin and Nick being on a roster somewhere and that speaks to our DL depth right now.

2 Likes

If we include the edge guys (Flowers, ROk, JOk)… then Charles Harris needs to be included as well… and he signed a fully guaranteed $1.75 million contract. Not huge money… but likely enough to make him a fairly good bet to make the roster.

He will be 34 i think next year why do u want to keep bring in older players. I am not saying he can’t or in past was not good player but if you want to add 34 years at expense of young players who can play i don’t want that to happen.

Thats what past management did an we all know how long its been to get a good team

I think we keep 10 DL/OLBs Levi, Alim, Brockers,Penisini , D. Hand, Williams 6 big guys couple can move out to DE or inside to DT

Harris, Flowers, R Okwara, J Okwara they are like rush DEs or called OLB in 3,4 whatever they are smaller faster an will rush a lot.
They could cut Williams an add another small DL after cuts maybe
But whatever you call them i expect 10 an then inside LBs maybe 4 or 5

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s probably going to be easier to combine the DL and LB core. Figure out the starting front seven with sub package starters then depth. Proceed lol…

No takers eh? Ok fiiiiiiiiinee. I’m going with the “Rams style front” comments from early on. This was the breakdown of the Rams 53 man roster going into 2020:

DEFENSIVE LINE (6): Michael Brockers, Aaron Donald, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Morgan Fox, Greg Gaines, Eric Banks

The other undrafted free agent to make the preliminary 53-man roster, Banks (University of Texas at San Antonio) joins familiar names Brockers, Donald, Joseph-Day, Fox and Gaines. Defensive tackle A’Shawn Robinson is currently on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list.

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS (5): Samson Ebukam, Obo Okoronkwo, Leonard Floyd, Jachai Polite, Terrell Lewis

While Ebukam and Okoronkwo return, there are multiple new faces in this group in Floyd, Lewis and Polite. Polite makes the 53-man roster after joining the team’s practice squad in late September 2019 and spending the rest of that season on it. Lewis has a “knee situation” that McVay said he’ll get more clarity on by Wednesday. Justin Lawler was waived/injured ahead of the deadline.

INSIDE LINEBACKERS (3): Micah Kiser, Troy Reeder, Kenny Young

Los Angeles will initially carry three players at inside linebacker. Kiser is back on the 53-man roster after missing last season with a pectoral injury. Reeder played in all 16 games last year as an undrafted rookie, making eight starts. Young played in nine games after being acquired in a trade with the Ravens, and has 30 career games under his belt including his time in Baltimore.

-By my count, that makes 14 front seven players. We know AA-Shawn was hurt but made the roster too, but I’m not going to dig to see if they cut one of the other guys when he came back. I’m going to assume they did, or moved them back to the PS. So if we keep the same numbers here is my opinion on who they will be:

DL (6): Brockers, Onwuzurike, McNeill, Penisini, Hand, Strong (or Williams or Cornell).

OLB (5): ROk, Flowers, JOk, JRM, Harris.

ILB (3): Collins, Anzalone, Barnes. (Tavai?)

I had to keep JRM as a coverbacker who I think really competes for time with Anzalone in sub packages and Nickle. It’s possible we move our numbers around up front, leaving more guys at the LB spots as I think our talent is better there. Guys like Shaun Dion-Hamilton and yes… Tavai in a ILB role may be better talent than Strong/Williams/Cornell that later of which we can stash on the PS with pass rush upside if we run into injuries. Am I missing anyone that is a must keep?

1 Like

I think you’re missing the Regina / Penisini joke.

in and out fingering GIF

And it’s an international one at that!

The ones with a designation next to their name makes the final 53. (There’s more depth players but I’m only showing enough to see the 53.)

I tend to keep the depth chart showing a NB starting rather than showing a base alignment, thus calling Flowers and Okwara DEs.

What about Mile Ford?

Mike Ford apparently has looked better than Corn at NB so far.

That’s what I recall readin: Fords doing well on both sides… ST and Def

I have him penciled in as the starting Nickleback.

Cheapest concert in the world?!

.50 cents with a Nickelback!!

:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::heart::heart::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

if that’s true someone needs to give Corn an earful.

2 Likes

DE- Levi O/Hand

NT- McNeill/Penisini

DT- Brockers/N Williams

Edge- R Okwara/C Harris

ILB- Barnes/Tavaii

LB- J collins/Anzalone

SLB- Flowers/J Okwara

CB- Okudah/Dunbar

CB- AO/Melifonwu

FS- Walker/Marlowe

SS- CJ Moore/W Harris

Nickel- Dunbar/Elder

Our worst fit is likely flowers. Lol

Imagine 45M cap space in 2022-

Rd 1- QB or EDGE
Rd 1- SS
Rd 2- WR
Rd 3- WR
Rd 3- LB

Plus UFAs- edge if we are going QB…

Then in 2023 trade Goff-if need be, and have 3 first!

I see what you did there! ha ha

1 Like

He comes as advertised.

1 Like