Penn State S Jaquan Brisker Film Study - Option at 34?

BRISKER DRAFT SCOUT

See Link. Very very good film study breakdown from a Penn State site I subscribe to. Compared to other safety options in the 2nd Round (Pitre, Hill, Cine maybe) I love Brisker’s physicality compared to all those guys – he’s got this Mighty Mouse quality about him. And I looked on PFF, and his coverage grades are pretty impressive. I just don’t know why his name isn’t talked about more at No. 34 (or even 32) to fill the safety need?

4 Likes

Probably because he’s quite injury prone

Huh? He didn’t miss a game in 2019, 2020, 2021 except the Bloomin Onion Bowl, which he opted out of

He has been talked about quite a bit….
a search may include some mock drafts and not really discussion… but there are plenty of people who want to get him.

2 Likes

“He plays the gaps and shoots the box well”

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

6 Likes

Brisker is the guy that I’ve seen so far that feels like a great partner for Walker. Brisker feels more like a SS that allows Walker to play FS. This film study even shows Brisker walking down into the box to essentially play LB. That “in the box” safety feels like it could be a great fit next to Walker

1 Like

I personally like Pitre and Cine better, but if we ended up with Brisker I’d be OK with that too.

1 Like

Brad seems to like bargain basement safeties, so I channeled him and picked Markquese Bell/Florida A&M at #181 and Quentin Lake/UCLA at #240. I ain’t wrong for another 16 days…

2 Likes

Where do you put Hill?

Around the same spot as Brisker actually, I like Cine and Pitre better but would be happy with either Brisker or Hill.

1 Like

what do you think about Nick Cross? 6’1" and 215 pounds with a 9.9 RAS- top 10 athletic score among all safeties since 1987? That’s pretty big and pretty athletic. Then add 3.5 TFL… 3.0 sacks and 3 INTs in a major conference, and 2 FF as well as 66 tackles. This wasn’t his only year of production either. He’s coming out as a junior, and had a 4 game covid soph season… but as a freshman he has 2 ints’ and 45 tackles in 11 games …

I love this kid

1 Like

I love his ceiling as you say, his athleticism’s off the charts. But at safety I think instincts are important and to me, that’s where he struggles. If he can develop them he could be a star. That’s why I actually have Bryan Cook ranked higher. Not as athletic as Cross but decent, and really, really great instincts. But for sure his ceiling probably isn’t as high.

1 Like

Verone McKinley please

Everybody in town that would know what they are talking about absolutely swears by this guy as a person, teammate and leader. I think The General is a pretty good safety to boot.

1 Like

You’ve convinced me that he would be a good addition for the Lions, but isn’t he pegged to be out of our reach, somewhere in the middle between #97 and 177?

Maybe. I don’t know.

Hamilton - top 15
Pitre, Hill, Brisker, Cine - round 2
Joseph, Cook, Taylor-Britt (if drafted at S) - round 3

I don’t see Verone as being that far behind those guys in round 3. If we go for him at 97 I’m cool with it. That’s probably a 15-20 pick reach. Oh well.

You’re picking him bc you believe he’s a force multiplier.

When the Oregon lost two of their top DBs for the Fresno State,
Verone was the one that got the pups up to speed.

Stylistically he fits what I want. We need ball production. Joseph, Woods, McKinley… I like the guys that are creating turnovers.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen his hi lights, but I like his person. Dude will work his ass off, wired to learn, buy into the brotherhood…super-honest, grounded energy.

I’ve been on the Brisker band wagon for a while. I think he’s the type of S we want opposite Walker. I think he’s the safest pick to take and be a good pair with Walker.

I like a bunch of Safeties in this draft class and I expect us to draft one by pick 66.

I dont need Brad to be the smartest guy in the room. We did that before.

I need him tobget the best non Hamilton safety in this draft because he needs to start right away and have an impact. We have absolutely nothing except wishful thinking at 2nd safety.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.