Perhaps why JAMO was brought along slowly

Yes he does, but he needs to run in practice, too. Timing is important. He has to be where Goff thinks he’s going to be. Can’t half ass it in practice and then expect everything to work in a game.
As long as he doesn’t turn into a Titus Young….

4 Likes

Did you have to go there…

dear god no GIF

4 Likes

Wait when did this happen?

4 Likes

He was one of the few players we took that was not a team captain last year. I expect we will see a return to drafting team leaders as part of our strategy this year.

1 Like

Packers on SNF. On the pass that didn’t happen. When Goff threw it into the dirt and people were saying he should have given JAMO a chance.

4 Likes

As Jamo was flailing his arms on the field like wtf.

3 Likes

I hate saying this → haaaate it…but he’s a great route runner. Herman Moore posted a big video on it.
This feels more like lack of practice (not knowing the playbook)

YES!!! St Brown could have a HUGE impact on this team, if he takes teh time to mentor his younger brother. Best WR tandem in the league, if they decides to be.

10 Likes

I’ll have to rewatch. Thanks

3 Likes

I think you have to take chances on talent to get over the hump. He isn’t a bad kid. But he doesn’t have a work ethic. If we succeed w him we have a top 10 talent. But he doesn’t have St. Brown’s work ethic or mindset. So I would say pay attention to the OTA’s and Mini camps and what rogers and mirnke say about him and what the coaches say about him. The sense is he will figure it out……but apparently they didn’t expect this…scale of 1-10 1 being nothing 10 being end of the world this is like a 2….but it 100% explains the questions we had and the cryptic pressers.

11 Likes

I wanna say it was the Jets game? Help me out fellas…
(my memory is shit, brother)

2 Likes

Also, if this really is the case, keeping a veteran presence like Chark would be a very smart idea to help Jamo develop. St. Brown is great and all, but I’m sure hearing it from someone who’s been around and has a lot more experience at this level would be received differently.

9 Likes

Hopefully he spends the offseason with goff and st brown. Really he needs to spend some big time with the st browns and their dad. They will have him turned around in no time!

13 Likes

I mean to be fair his break down was pretty elementary. I’ll have to go rewatch. I never saw jamo as some deadly precise technician. Although I always saw his potential for it

3 Likes

We should hire John Brown as a “work ethic consultant”

5 Likes

Going too deep with the hair clippers lol

3 Likes

Really well said, agree 100%

6 Likes

And i be honest when I heard this first hand I was “oh dear god! This is why we can’t have nice things!” But I got talked off the ledge by much smarter people :joy:

4 Likes

Also too, Holmes already is demonstrating some cryptic messages in his press conferences… he did it when the Hock trade happened, about how he would’ve made that deal even if they were 6-1… and in the season ending conference he said essentially he hasn’t even touched how good he can be but it’s up to him.

Not saying cryptic like he’s being a jerk just saying a read between the lines kinda thing regarding the players he talks about

8 Likes

I view it more as an understanding of his own talent & how to use it, than super-precise route running. It’s like levels
10/10 in understanding how to use his speed
10/10 in shifting gears & giving ppl bad angles
7/10 route running
9/10 field vision

…that sorta thing
Levels & layers…he’s “special” for sure. I mean it when I say he reminds me more of Randy Moss than any player I’ve ever seen…no joke. Moss was no choir boy either. LOL.

5 Likes

LOL - Highly likely.
If handsomeness is the end result…I’ll live with it. :wink:
…still…as okay as I am with being the resident “hot guy” it would be nice to be smarter.