Pete Schrager posed a draft trade question to Lions fans

Point chart wise, they bone us by 90 points. Which is into the Comp picks in the 3rd round if that helps to figure out what they left out on the trade. BUT. Three swings extra in the first 3 rounds of this draft is mo-naay.

Question: Young is gone. IS there a defender worth 3 for this defense? I’m throwing out OT in the first. Many will say Simmons. Ok, we’ve beat that one to death. For those who don’t want him. Is there? For me, no. I want to trade down due to that and I’d say most here are in that boat if no CY. That next tier of where we start to feel ok about Okudah or Brown is that 5-7 range, where we’ll nod and say ok. But who do we lose out on besides those guys IF we wait until 18? There are a few I like. Kinlaw, Brown (there), Chaisson, Henderson will probably be off the board. There is a very nice layer of defensive talent here though. You can get the #3 CB probably whoever you’ve got, Diggs, Fulton, Johnson. Probably the #3 EDGE in Gross-Matos. So you might trot out of the first three rounds with say…

1a Gross-Matos LDE/JACK for us
1b Fulton CB
2a Blacklock DT
2b Lewis JACK
3a Edwards-Helaire RB
3b Hunt OG

Your Playing What If Hind Sight Free Not a Fair Game

Some yes; some no.

I’d pass on anything that took the Lions out of the top 12 picks. Anything lower then that and you miss out on a blue chip prospect.

1 Like