Peter King has Sewell to the Lions in his mock draft & why that might be a good thing

They almost did in 1991with Lomas Brown, Eric Andolsek, Kevin Glover, Mike Utley, and Eric Sanders.

1 Like

I like 1 and 2

It’s funny to read this list again and with Fields in tow, D Smith at 15 seems to make sense

I keep reading about him to Eagles.

If Fields is home, Sewell and Chase too, maybe drop to #9 relatively cheaply (3, 5 in 21’). Take D Smith… Bolton or J Davis in 2, and with 3 in 3, we could combine 2 and come back up for a RT like Jackson Carman. Remaining pick in 3 is a WR like Amon- Ra or a FS like Richie Grant.

just wrote about the 91 line recently… and within 6 months after the 91 season ended… the Lions had lost both starting OGs due to tragic events.

It was the best season for Lions in my lifetime… but hard to really enjoy for long.

Andolsek’s passing was peak Lion’s curse. It was like a death at the beginning of a Six Feet Under episode. If it were any flukier he would’ve died from a lightning strike.

Very true, both Andolsek and Utley were in their mid twenties and just entering their prime. I believe Brown was All-Pro. Don’t know if any line since then has been as good as that one. Thanks for listing.

1 Like

With the additional of Sewell, this will be the best O-line the Lions have had since 1991. Sewell will need a bit of time to adjust to the NFL game especially since he sat out last year.
Look for him to become a solid player in the 2nd half of the season.

Swift must be on cloud nine knowing what he will have in front of him. Goff has to be giddy as well.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Love Brad Holmes, so far!

2 Likes