PFF Draft Grade

You don’t think that has anything to do with the fact they added Stafford, OBJ, and Stafford’s obvious connection with both his HC and his WR1? :grimacing: Just sayin’.

so… your hypothesis is that having a better QB, who stretches the defense vertically… somehow creates a disadvantage for the RBs to have a decent yard per carry average???

Think Season 2 GIF by NBC

3 Likes

Um, no, I’m just saying they threw the ball more. :man_facepalming:t4:
Dumb And Dumber Reaction GIF

In 2020… Rams threw 590 times in 16 games.

In 2021… Rams threw 607 passes in 17 games.

Try again Harry….

dumb and dumber harry GIF

4 Likes

First, not sure if you read it but my point was that Akers returned in 173 days. That’s it, obviously you have your own cute little agenda so, you go girl.
Second, your first contention to my statement was supported by a post season comparative then conveniently you switched to a full season comparative. If we are comparing apples to apples Akers carried the ball 16.3 times a game in 21 and 23 times in 20. Additionally all things were not equal because they had Michel in 21 but did not in 20.

You know what the fantastic thing about this simpleton rabbit hole? I’m still right, Cam Akers did in fact return from an Achilles tear in 173 days. Buh bye now, I’m done with this little thing here. Luv ya. Miss ya.
Love Ya Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

1 Like

happy dumb and dumber GIF

4 Likes

Is “fastest to return” more importnant than returning to a high level of play?

I’m sure I can name more players that have returned to pro bowl form after an ACL than have from an Achilles.

Oh… and uhhh 173 days is NOT the fastest return from either injury in the NFL… and it isn’t even close.

try again Harry……

dumb and dumber sudden realization GIF

1 Like

Those numbers didn’t even reach the Olandis Gary 2003 watershed:

They look more like Ray Rice 2013:

Akers may have come back, but he still has to prove he’s healthy.

The Rams just drafted Kyren Williams in Rd 5, and still have Darrell Henderson.

It will be interesting to see if Akers can recapture the explosion or if he’s going to look like 2012 Mikel Leshoure–running like he’s wearing lead boots through the mud.

1 Like

A good reminder about draft grades. Saw this on Twitter:

6 Likes

Thats perfect, exactly why I ignore draft grades until at minimum one year later preferably 3.
I give every team in the NFL a C grade until one year has passed.
Lions draft grade 2022:

C

These past two drafts are better than any draft Quinn has ever had.

And you didn’t have to wait years down the road to know Tavai and Tabor were horrible picks. That was known right from the spot.

BTW… Jerry Rice tore his ACL 8-31-97… and scored a TD 106 days later… on 12-15-97.

1 Like

That’s insane, what a freak talent. That’s barely over 3 months!? Wow.

I remember AP coming back pretty quick from an ACL as well, and I believe that was the year he rushed for 2000 yards, coming off an ACL tear the December before.

3 Likes

I literally just watched this video before you posted. God dammit this team has sucked me in again with drinking the kool-aid. Now I can’t wait for the season to start to see how this team has improved from last year.

2 Likes

I’m totally feeling the same way–and also getting irritated with myself for getting that sucked in. But dammit, things just seem… different?

Key players in this draft class may not end up working out–that’s par for the course in the NFL. But unlike the last two regimes, there is no pick, this year or last, where I have to talk myself into why it was a solid choice. Like, the biggest criticism I’ve heard here is with the position a guy plays (like Paschal), when people thought the team should shore up other positions. But look at the actual players selected, and who’s really ticked off at any of these choices?

Last year’s draft class was “the Lions’ most athletic in 13 years,” with 6 of 7 picks among the most athletic at their positions in the class. This year, we had the second-most athletic draft class in the NFL, according to PFF.

We’re not sitting here trying to figure out what our front office sees in Teez Tabor or Jalani Tavai. We’re stocking up on the most elite athletes we can find at every position, up and down the roster. Yeah, there will be bumps in the road, no doubt, but it’s hard to argue with the approach.

6 Likes

well said @REMRebound …. and it is also good to see they didn’t just read the RAS and pick underwear olympians… each of these players showed ability on the field that looks like an athletic guy… and almost all of them are serious leaders and team captains.

2 Likes

Last year was the most checked out that I have ever been and watched the fewest amount of games, even though initially like the HC and front office hires. As you said however, this feels different and what made me change my mind the most was that the team didn’t give up all year. Although I’m not big into draft grades, I still like the direction this team is building through the draft, while not spending a ton on FA as the FO seems to acknowledge that there is a process to building and that also shows some patience from the owners.

Lets hope this regime is different, but time will tell.

Same. I checked out in the middle of Patricia’s second season and haven’t watched many Lions games since then at all. I was curious to see how the rookies developed last year, but there’s only so much drama I’m gonna get out of focusing on Penei Sewell, and, like, I got a life man. By halfway through last season though, when the Lions were still taking decent teams down to the wire, I found myself actually watching the games because it was… fun? Amazing how much difference it makes to watch a team that cares.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.