PFF grades vs Giants week 11

Disclaimer. PFF is a largely subjective grading program that shouldn’t be regarded as factual data. Having said that Haji and Penny have spoken:

Top 5 offense

LT Taylor Decker – 86.3

WR Amon-Ra St. Brown – 82.4

LG Justin Jackson – 80.8 (sic)

RT Penei Sewell – 73.8

WR Kalif Raymond – 72.4

Bottom 5 offense

QB Jared Goff – 47.9

FB Jason Cabinda – 49.8

TE James Mitchell – 53.0

WR DJ Chark – 53.5

RB D’Andre Swift – 54.6

Top 5 defense

NT Alim McNeill – 91.0

DE Aidan Hutchinson – 85.6

CB Will Harris – 77.8

S THE BALL HAWK – 69.2

LB Derrick Barnes – 69.0

Bottom 5 defense

LB Chris Board – 27.8

DE Austin Bryant – 32.9

LB Malcolm Rodriguez – 34.7

CB Mike Hughes – 42.9

DL John Cominsky – 46.5

1 Like

Damm Justin Jackson must be a hell of a player, he scored well as a LG this week.

6 Likes

Yep. Caught that, too.
So, who are they actually talking about, Jonah, or Justin?
Both had good games, yesterday.

3 Likes

I would say Jonah

5 Likes

Those 195 pound left guards are really quick!

6 Likes

I knew I missed some plays on Jackson.

2 Likes

Daniel Jones got a 75.9 and he played awful.

6 Likes

Derrick Barnes showing out has been a blessing tbh

most people thought he was already a bust, and hes come in and been a significant contributor on this D since the win streak started

very happy to see this

5 Likes

Wow no kidding.

Goff had a really solid game yet didn’t have a TD pass so I guess that worked against him?

Also I know Cabinda had a couple drops but the dude was a huge asset run blocking. More than made up for his drops

1 Like

You must get a ton of points for QB runs. That’s nuts. His 2 interceptions basically cost the the Giants the game.

5 Likes

His qb runs were more valuable than his picks but cabinda’s two drops negated anything he did blocking

But I’ll take McNeill’s 91.0 grade, at least they got that right :wink:

4 Likes

Also how is Cominsky so low? He blocked an extra point and seemed to be getting pressure all day. I thought he was one of the best players on the DL yesterday

3 Likes

Even Stevie could have graded Alim’s performance!

Stevie Wonder GIF by John Legend

3 Likes

Offensive MVPs were the OL and St Brown. Hard to argue with that. Jamal’s ability to finish at the goal line hopefully led to a good grade at RB overall even if the rest of the numbers look pedestrian.

Kirby, Hutch and Mac led the charge on D. Love that 4 of the top 5 graded defenders are Holmes draft picks

4 Likes

Yeah good point about Williams, just saw he was 17/64 for 3.8/carry. Felt like he had more yards than that… either way, that dude is so clutch for us. He might not get home run yards but if we need a TD or a first down he almost always gets it

1 Like

Would really like to get a good RG in the draft. I think Skipper graded out with a 0 pass blocking grade

2 Likes

…Aaaaand once again, PFF continues to baffle me. I take zero from any of their findings.

2 Likes

That’s the thing - the Lions clearly value and prioritize the OL. They’ve shown that so far but if you want to build your identity around that, you have to have some depth too. Right now their OL depth isn’t what I would label as good enough. At least if that’s how you want your identity to be. Honestly they could use an upgrade both on the interior OL and at OT.

4 Likes

Yep. Random bordering on wholly irrelevant.

1 Like

I’m really happy w/his progress too. I was starting to doubt him…not Levi-doubt, but doubt.

3 Likes