PFF review Lions vs Bears

Sewell, two sacks, seven hurries and one of the false starts. He seems to have regressed a little every game this year

www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-4-game-recap-chicago-bears-24-detroit-lions-14

1 Like

Maybe he’s playing out of position?

5 Likes

He was noticeably bad this game. It’s weird and unexpected that he seems to be getting worse instead of better each game. Maybe Mack and Quinn just matched up better against him than Bosa and Bowser.

I thought the other side was him being out of position? :joy:

I think that’s fair. I think he was good both of the first two games. Really struggled with blitz pick up against the Ravens and Quinn gave him problems today. I’d agree that this was his worst game.

1 Like

He’s still 20 years old for another six days. He’ll figure it out. It does seem like veteran pass rushers find things to take advantage. Quinn, Melvin Ingram, etc.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I did notice at one point he seemed to be injured, it was in the 4th quarter I think… not sure about the rest but that’s a formidable front they faced… he’ll learn

3 Likes

There’s tape on him now, so I’m sure the vets are picking up tendencies and using it against him

5 Likes

I still think we are going to, at least this year, regret passing on Parsons. He had two Defensive Stops and a Sack back at LB today.

Assuming Decker fully recovers, we would be a better team with a leader on that defense and we could have taken an actual RT in the second rather than the dud DT from WA

He is producing some pass rush. May even catch Charles Harris in sacks.

1 Like

Really? Already?

1 Like

Charles Harris has played really well I think. He’s gotten a sack the last two games

3 Likes

They also have Roquan Smith at 49.7 even though every person in the know that I’ve read/listened to has talked about how lights out he’s playing and how he’s headed for a Scott’s or second team all pro year. PFF is fun. I personally don’t put a ton of stock into it.

I also don’t think comparing different positions with different learning curves is the best idea. Sewell struggled today. It happens. I thought Parsons was meh in the opener. Clearly if you let him pin his ears back he can be a pass rushing weapon. That’s nice. But as I pointed out Charles Harris has afforded us similar pass rush production and we got him off the street.

Both will be terrific players. Neither was going to make the 2021 Lions a good team. I think we clearly made the right pick but Parsons is no slouch.

2 Likes

Yep. He’s on track for 12 if he can keep it up. He’s looked really good. I’ve been surprised.

Rowland Smith?

Well they have been plugging him all over in Dallas. Middle, OLB, dropping back and one game at DE

Sorry, auto-correct. Roquan.

I just think PPF is a highly subjective outfit which tries to frame it’s largely subjective observations as if they are objective.

I have not watched Dallas since week 1. Perhaps you’re right outside of pass rush. I thought he looked lost at times against the Bucs (though he flashed some as well). I imagine that was his worst game of the year so far.

Edit: perhaps lost isn’t the right way to phrase itZ. Got out of position at times.

Some of the greatest players of all time were lost on opening day or were even held out because they would have been lost. It really is a unique game because gameplanning is so strange relative to future weeks. I’ve made the comparison of the movie Gladiator where they huddle together and have no clue what’s coming out of the gates. But they try to gameplan for it anyways. Its why alot of coaches go ahead and sit young guys on opening day.

And 3 out of 4 games witch show some consistentcy. And he still plays the run pretty good. He one of the few FA that’s actually looking good

1 Like