PFF top 5 bottom 5 in Chicago

PFF, they are just pandering their goods, the native Americans called it SNAKE OIL.

“Like”

1 Like

I’d like to propose we make a ban on people complaining about the PFF scoring system in these threads every week. Some of us enjoy seeing the PFF scores and having a conversation about the scores. Doesn’t mean the scores are gospel, or even accurate, but every freakin week we have this same thread with the same people clicking on it just to come in and pee on everyone’s cheerios. Awesome you dont like PFF, but nobody cares. We don’t need people to announce it every single week. Maybe make your own PFF hate thread and complain in there?

As for the grades - most seem accurate to me. Often times fans remember one splash play and that’s how they remember a player from a certain game. Like Okwara’s two hustle sacks. They were awesome plays, but the guy lost contain multiple times and was bullied in the run game. Fans will remember seeing a guy for a play, and then assign value for the entire game based on that. Similar situation to Ragnow. He seemed to play great but he got blown off the ball on that one play. But because that one play was obvious most fans afterward are all “Ragnow sucked.” But he didn’t, you’re just assigning value for his 60 snaps based on one play. It’s nice to have people to counter that. Doesn’t mean PFF is right or perfect or even good, but it’s a fun exercise in how you see guys playing

4 Likes

Do you own the sight??? Do you write For PFF??, or do you have money invested with PFF???

1 Like

Keep in mind he played a total of 12 snaps.

Sanjeeb is not a Goff fan.

4 Likes

Does Anzalone bouncing off Fields twice in one play count as two QB hit’s or two missed tackles? or both?

6 Likes

Every week I look at the grades, and every week there are head scratchers.

2 Likes

Probably TC or Jersey writing for them.

LOL - I love that. Makes zero sense.
Enjoy what you like, and pass over the rest, just like you would like others to do.
We can never control other humans.
Censorship of opinions about sports?
Block ppl whose stuff you don’t wanna see…or request that the volunteer mods police what other ppl say and strike out their words and/or ban them?

C’mon, man…

Not our job to protect ppl’s feelings.
our job to teach them how to deal with their own feelings.

4 Likes

PFF is that site you use to justify loving/hating a player and the site you condemn as “a bunch of nerds who never played football” when their ratings don’t back up what you see/think.

Either way - I fall more into the latter of the two and don’t really put much into what they say at all. It’s almost impossible to know who did what good/bad when you don’t know what the playcall is. Obviously, if player A beats player B cleanly then it’s pretty darn easy to grade, anyone can do that. I don’t need some website to tell me Aaron Donald is really good.

1 Like

:muscle: :fire:

2 Likes

I saw that too LOL, Anzalone had 5 missed tackles the highest in the NFL, was that 2 of them maybe.

1 Like

What makes zero sense is forcing people to read insecure men complaining about PFF every time there is a thread. I get it, fanatics on here have man crushes on certain people and if PFF gives their secret man crush a bad grade, fanatics get hyper defensive. They need to discredit PFF so their favorite player can be awesome again. It’s the same when someone posts an article from ESPN or something - don’t like the article? Cool, trash the website or company in the thread. Barf.

This is literally my exact point. If you dont like PFF then why click on a thread about PFF just to come shit on PFF. You made my point exactly. Instead, next time, take your own advice and “pass over” it.

1 Like

I bet you might be correct… Raji and Amit may not have caught on to that tactic.

1 Like

If you are triggered, you are insecure. Energy is the reveal.
Are you assuming that someone is triggered?
Where else are you making assumptions?
Is your reality someone else’s?
“Need to” discredit anything? Do you need to discredit? Is this a sign of “Insecure men”?
I dunno…These are your questions to live in your truth.
IMO - Censorship of those who disagree with you could possibly be to “protect feelings”? Am I of base?

It’s our job to teach e/o to deal with our feelings…not to protect form uncomfortable feelings.
Honest Conversations Rule

I’m discussing something I disagree with.
You, my brother, are talking about censoring people you disagree with.
I’m talking about censorship, not PFF. :wink:
I’m sure you can see the difference there, no?

2 Likes

I stopped in to get a mocha-chokkuh-lattaaah-yaaahhh-yaaahh
*I’m old and my sense of humor may be out of date, but I’m referencing a fancy coffee…I am not trying to offend coffee drinkers, people who like the song “Lady Marmalade,” or whatever that song means to them.

I told this lady I was watching football with my people.
She thought I was watching soccer
I told her “noooo…Amercian Football”.
She was not offended. She did not think I was racist. I did not think she was racist. Turns out more men watch football (American football) than women…and shockingly…more Americans watch American Football than ppl from most other countries.
Is this profiling? Stereotyping? Facts?
…maybe…maybe…and mayyyybe.
one thing it is not → Reason to be offended
**Just my blueprint of the world.

People who are offended…well…they are offended.
They tend to look for reasons to be offended.
They see the world through their own lens (as we all do)…
…so they assume others are offended
…they are uncomfortable over their offended-ness, and assume others are as well

…they will be more inclined to give “tough love” and be “brutally honesty”
…rather than “just being honest/honest love” and be “Lovingly honest”

They ARE being honest, through their offended lens of the world
They perceive conflict where none is there, and view themselves as brave for “standing up” to something.

…My lens, my journey, my growth…I have learned that all the armor I used to carry was nothing more than a bunch of uncomfortable and heavy stuff that makes you sweat your ass off. There is no war other than the one you are fighting inside of your own head.

Let go of your offended-ness
People will love you, if you let 'em.

3 Likes

Someone makes a circus catch and PFF might call it a bad throw, it’s a routine completion for rating.

Someone misses a wide open WR for a TD and PFF grades it poor while it’s a normal incompletion for rating.

A dropped pick will get you downgraded by PFF while it’s just a normal incompletion for rating.

I think not stepping up into the pocket, drifting, fumbling, etc. gets you downgraded as well.

Rodgers had a game a few years where he played lights out and got a shitty PFF rating.

Edit: Just found the article.

3 Likes

I can, but your post shows that you cannot. I’m not talking about censoring people I don’t agree with - I haven’t even stated my opinion on these scores lol. We can’t even get to the point of discussing agreeing or disagreeing with the topic. The thread can’t even get to discussing the scores, which is the topic, because insecure fanboys hijack the thread every week posting South Asian memes.

To me - discuss the content of the link, or in this case, the scores. If you want to go on a rant about the messenger (ESPN, PFF, PFT, Athletic, whatever), go start a new thread and rant in there. Make it a rant thread, and when people do it, the mods can just move their post to there.

Complaining about PFF or whatever website every week, without offering anything intelligent to the discussion, is getting old. I’ll try and get to the thread earlier next week before the South Asian memes and hurt fanboys take over

2 Likes

This is exactly why I can’t stand twitter and most social media… everyone is offended by everything it seems these days. I think a lot of people are just bored and being offended gives them something to do with their time.

The only thing that truly offends me is the Green Bay Packers… like pure evil and completely disgusting.

5 Likes