McNeil 69.6

Bottom 5 defense
Barnes 36.9
Walker 41.8
Brockers 42.9
Penisini 47.4
Levi O 48.1

???

Levi O pretty underwhelming. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah or Asante Samuels Jr would have been better picks in the second. I seem to remember many here wanted JOK when he slipped

3 Likes

I think Levi’s improving. He’s going to be a solid piece on the DL. Remember that JOK had a medical red flag otherwise I don’t think there’s anyway he drops that far if not for the concern over his heart. If we’d had a more normal draft run up then checks would have been more substantial and he likely would have gone higher.

But I would of course trade Levi for JOK in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

All the more reason to keep Big V next year.

5 Likes

These humans should be proud of themselves. Talk about growth.
#1 strength of this staff - inspiring effort
#2 strength of this staff - Developing young talent

This coach will win here. This year SUCKS. We are getting valuable playing time and experience for a ton of guys that will be depth guys and role player-type pieces. We need the studs to come in and be game-changers…sure. That said, we have some nice pieces.
AO
Iffy
Some of these young DBs. We’re doing well with depth, now. We have some solid starters and great backups. I predict the bottom of our roster will be stronger than most NFL teams within the next 2 offseasons.

My only fear is ability to get the QB piece in place.

3 Likes

True that. But I also remember him being cleared by doctors. kid is absolutely balling right now

1 Like

Yeah, don’t need some guy off of Sinefeld coming in and costing us sacks and first downs.

3 Likes

surprise GIF

1 Like

He’d be more of a WR I think!

1 Like

Sewell, Decker and Jackson being in the top 5 shows exactly why this franchise needs to keep that OL together. The scary part is Ragnow is probably the best OL they have.

Kramer being terrible backs up the eye test. Getting rid of Big V to save the equivalent of a Dean Marlowe and rolling with a guy like Kramer would be SOL soooo bad. I’m still actually in shock the Lions have a kick ass OL. It doesn’t feel real.

2 Likes

Yeah so we can post 52’s and pay 8.5M instead? No thanks. Kramer is an undrafted rookie in his first start and with a backup Center beside him. What’s Big V’s excuse?

I’d like to know their grading criteria. I saw Levi take on and hold his own or beat double teams multiple times.

I think they post their grading system on their website. I always take this with a grain of salt. It’s interesting info and fun to post but my no means gospel

1 Like

Big V hasn’t allowed a sack all season while playing beside the same backup center. He’s been decent this year. 2020 was rough though for sure.

Agreed. I thought he played well on Turkey day.

You can see him starting to show more and more why they wanted him so much. I wish he wasn’t losing so much playing time to nick Williams.

Please, dear Jesus…let the pattern hold. Monster pass rusher changes everything. Ya can’t double everyone. :wink:

sif Jordan Davis is there with the Rams pick do we take another DT? That could be a pretty sick rotation