PFF's Top 5 QB's in the Draft--Guess who didn't make the list?

Malik Willis is nowhere to be found. Pickett at #4 is a surprise.

LOL, this isn’t going to end well.

1 Like

Methinks this will not at all be reflective of the order they are drafted in…

2 Likes

PFF literally has nothing better to do in the offseason but drop intentionally freezing cold takes about top prospects.

1 Like

Their latest…
“After all, Willis did rank 73rd in uncatchable pass rate this past season. But the Liberty product showed it’s not a liability kind of issue. While he has room to improve his mechanics and footwork, his arm talent and athletic ability are special. There’s plenty of reason to think Willis will end up as QB1 when it’s all said and done.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if he is the first QB taken in a draft that clearly doesn’t feature much for top end talent, but, well, be careful for what you wish for.

3 Likes

Who cares?

This guy is just a less accurate Justin Fields who played against much weaker competition.

If the Lions draft him, I’ll support him and want to see him do well, but the amount of love Willis (and Fields last year) is getting is a little nauseating.

14 Likes

Pff is like Mel kiper jr to me. Not something to be taken seriously.

1 Like

A look back at their final 2017 rankings

and… LOL…

Or… 2018 … posted 4/23/2018…

1. BAKER MAYFIELD, OKLAHOMA – QUARTERBACK

2. SAM DARNOLD, USC – QUARTERBACK

3. MAURICE HURST, MICHIGAN – INTERIOR DEFENDER :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

6. JOSH ROSEN, UCLA – QUARTERBACK

19. LAMAR JACKSON, LOUISVILLE – QUARTERBACK

25. MASON RUDOLPH, OKLAHOMA STATE – QUARTERBACK

NOT LISTED IN TOP 25: QB Josh Allen - Wyoming

People Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

Seriously? These guys put their list out where he’s not in the top 5 and then hedge by stating he could be QB1?

Sheesh.

It’s almost like they all suck and there is very little separating them. Seems pretty accurate.

3 Likes

Actually it makes sense if you believe his ceiling is way higher than the others. His game to date shows athletic traits that haven’t translated into what you need so if it’s your belief that coaching can fix what’s wrong, well…BTW, I think several QB’s will get picked way out in front of their actual talent because there is a huge need in the NFL right now.

1 Like

Neither of those rankings seems absurd for the times they were posted in. Except for Mo Hurst at #3…wowza

Bro, the have Howell, Corral AND Strong on there. Yet the guy who could be QB1 doesn’t make their list. They’re out over their skis a bit in their search for clicks.

1 Like

The only thing it means to me is that it’s a shitty draft for QB’s and there’s a good chance that a team will pick outside of certain norms that would in fact make Willis the first pick.

1 Like

I can 100% agree with that, though the lines were blurred quite a bit with Murray a couple years ago.

You sure they like your two OS WR;s an i think last year liked you OS QB an now they are not any good COLD TAKES?

I don’t even think Olave is that good, and I don’t know why everyone assumes I have some thing for all Ohio State players just because of where they went to college.

Yes they are cold takes. See above.

1 Like

I disagree with them I think he should be on list .I also see what they don’t like but even with that he still is in top 5 of a pissy QB group

I don’t think there is a rd 1 QB this year we don’t have a crystal ball on any player in draft . Based on just what you see there is not one.

I still like Corral the best. He’s little bit I’ll take my chances with his combination of athleticism, moxie and a whippy arm.

PFF uses backwards looking performance grades as the primary ranking measure… So a guy like Willis that has a more limited history and with lot of poor statistical results is likely to rank way lower…

PFF is just one view of the story and is like ranking the historical trend of a company stock to forecast the future but not taking into account (from a metrics perspective) that the company has huge upside that is unrealized.

2 Likes