Pick 48 - Strong feeling here. Andre Carter vs Anudike-Uzomah

With Austin Bryant likely to leave, Romeo last year of his deal, Charles Harris last year of his deal, and Julian last year on his rookie contract… Edge is more of a likely draft target than we may assume.

Not to mention Holmes loves drafting lineman…DL to be specific.
Levi, Mcneil, Hutch, Pascal, Houston.

Looking at the boards, rankings, mocks, simulators, etc It seems that the best value at this Pick 48 will be edge.

I have a strong feeling 1 of these 2 will be Lions. I don’t know why? Seems more likely we wait until round 3 for a LB or WR or RB or whatever

What are your thoughts and who would you prefer?

Andre carter tested so poorly that he doesnt appear to be worth the time developing. He was slow and unathletic. His draw was potential. Super raw and looks to not have a high ceiling

1 Like

I sure hope they spend time with Nolan Smith. He has IT. I dont know where to play him but i want him in our lockerroom.

1 Like

I can’t see Smith or White making it out of round 1.

Carter… if he had blown up the combine likely would be in the same boat as the guys above Smith and White.

Talking round 2 here. I get it though, if you don’t like Carter than he’s off your board.

What about Anudike-Uzomah?

I haven’t studied Uzomah at all. I see him going in the 2nd.

Personally i kind of want to trade up in the 2nd to get AA (4.49 40 at 6’2" 282lbs) - after hearing about him doing well at 3t at the senior bowl he is the guy i want over Kancey. I already liked him in the 2nd… now i think we have to trade up for him. His personality is very selfless. I hope he has plenty of dog in him as well.

He tested way better than Kancey. I know it is the underwear Olympics and he is a projection. But i think he is the safer bet with higher upside.

I dont predict trade downs but you know i love to trade.

I am always down to trade down for more picks or ammo to trade back up. Especially if they target specific “it” guys and Brad uses his jedi senses to know exactly where they will be picked (Can i get an Amon!).

Maybe spoon doesnt test well and we think we can get him in the mid teens? He has the IT mentality. I like Gonzo’s athleticism but something tells me Spoon is a Dan and Brad guy. If he runs a 4.5 hand timed 40 he might slip to mid 1st round.

I think 18 is about the right spot if they want Nolan Smith because i think he will be taken shortly there after.

I think AA goes late 1st early 2nd. I like a few players who will go in this range.

Isaiah Foskey has length and speed. He might be there. I havent watched him much but he was projected 1st round early in the draft process.

I’m thinking Herndon Hooker at #48.

1 Like

I think I would take Felix Uzomah if I had the choice. He’s explosive, has really good play strength, played against a lot of double teams(and won), produced on a defensive front that didn’t really cater to his skill set.

Truth is I don’t think he makes it out of the first round, but with the depth at edge it’s hard to say.

1 Like

I love FAU, he’s one of my favorite 2nd round DEs. He’s not gonna test like crazy but he’s got such a great bag of tricks, really knows how to leverage what length he has, and is a savant when it comes to creating fumbles. I take him 10 out of 10 times over Carter. But honestly I don’t think he makes it to our pick.

2 Likes

Andre Carter just does not have the functional strength to play on Sundays. He could be a day 3 pick that somebody hides on the practice squad while he adds weight and strength. At least in this case he is a good smart kid and has plenty of choices.

Anudike-Uzomah is a MCDC pick

Carter is a SOL pick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.