Play devil's advocate

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious that Patricia was just a placeholder and Belichick was the real genius behind it all. This is what most of us feared and the hard reality is starting to show it’s face.

Patricia may be a genius in aerospace engineering but he’s clearly not a football savant like old Bill.

The guys thought it was hockey

1 Like

Yeah but BB credits Patricia’s defensive plan for shutting the Rams down in the Superbowl, even when Patricia wasn’t on the Pats team anymore.

And Patty beat BB last year when we played the Pats, so…

1 Like

Right?

It’s either the coach’s fault or the players’ fault.

Well, not really, it could be a combination of both.

But I tend to blame the players as a hypothesis and then try to prove that wrong. Coaches aren’t the one’s executing.

To quote Bobby Ross: “I don’t coach that sh-t!”

1 Like

plenty of blame for coaches and players.

Main thing, IMO, we saw the results of not playing most of your DL in the preseason and then opened against a college offense. I know most of them didn’t play due to injury issues but I believe that is the main culprit along with Decker worst performance of his career.

Not ready to jump off the ledge or call for anyone to get fired. I saw some things I liked in this one from the offense and I believe the defense will get better as conditioning improves and Davis comes back.

He was off the scooter?

Patricia admitted during his presser that some of the guys were gassed.
you can guess which ones by who was inactive during preseason.
What if AZ is not as crappy a team as the pundits have said?
I mean they could easily not be the worst team in the league

Ding ding ding. Missing Hand was bad. Davis too. Pretty key LB for us to be missing, going into his 2nd year. Either of those 2 play, the rotation stays fresher.

For as bad as the Arizona OL is supposed to be, you can go back to last year’s game and see them putting Robinson on the turf repeatedly. I expect to see more of the same when I cue up this year’s game.

1 Like

I will go with the DL was simply out of shape and didn’t hold towards the end. They will continue to improve as they regain their playing condition. I don’t follow the preseason much, but from what I’ve heard most of them didn’t see the field during PS. My 2nd shot at playing DA is that Patricia led teams get better as the season goes on, and game 1 this year looked better than game 1 last year…opponents were about the same level.

I semi sold myself, but not really

Based on what I saw yesterday Miami absolutely look like the worst team in the league. In fact they look like the worst team in the league over the last several years. They were that bad. They were beaten 59 to 10 and frankly the game wasn’t that close as the Ravens simply let up in the third quarter. The way they were playing yesterday if the Ravens have kept the pedal to the metal I firmly believe they may have put up over 75 points easily. The Dolphins were that bad.

2 Likes

Interesting thought, Luke. Patricia is used to playing in the SB. Patriots don’t care about preseason - at all. They almost view regular season as preseason. When they hand BB the Conferene Championship Trophy, he acts like it’s a box of cereal. He doesn’t respect it, appreciate it, think it’s a big deal…nothing. He’s about the SB. Everything else is just positioning. Less action early on helps to preserve your guys. I’d love to get us to contention, before skipping the beginning of the season though. LOL.

Too bad we don’t get Miami again this year. We dominated them last year.

1 Like

Patricia’s D will be fine. They get better as the season wears on, happened in NE and here too.

2 Likes

Yeah, except we don’t have the luxury of playing in the AFC East, aka minor league football. The Pats can treat the first quarter of the season as a warmup. The Lions can’t.

It doesn’t seem like a big ask to have the team actually ready to play for all 16 regular season games.

3 Likes

The Cardinals are very likely the worst team in the league. Their offense went 3 and out a lot in the first 3 quarters. Their defense didn’t really cover half the Lions receivers. Those guys were open all day long. The Amendola and Golladay TDs were ridiculous because there wasn’t anyone even close to those guys. Hockenson was open pretty much all day too. I can’t imagine there are too many NFL teams that suck so badly on offense and defense.

1 Like

Dolphins?

Do they play this year?

1 Like

Nope! They likely won’t play a single game all season. Talk about JV.

Right on

2 Likes

No, but the Cardinals do play the Ravens.