Players Lions have met with so far (will update)

QB Anthony Richardson
QB CJ Stroud
QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson
QB Jalen Fowler
WR Quentin Johnston
WR Jacory Rankin
WR Jayden Reed
LB Noah Sewell
CB Joey Porter Jr.
CB Julius Brentz
DB Jammie Robinson
K Jose Romo-Martinez
DL Keeanu Benton
OL Jordan McFadden

5 Likes

Found this on Jalen Fowler:

1 Like

Where do you find lists of players that teams met with?

So, are these part of the 30 DC referenced that only had 4 “it factor” guys?

2 Likes

This one I saw on an Instagram story of a Lions fanpage, and then I added Benton because it’s been discussed here that he’s one of the 4, so we had to have met with him.

2 Likes

this guy is trying to do it too.

1 Like

One Dline. Interesting.
4 QB’s. Definitely smoke.

3 Likes

Well obviously this isn’t everyone they’ve met with. This is just everyone we know they’ve met with.

I wouldn’t take much away from the positions as I would from the names.

3 Likes

I bet that Richardson, Noah Sewell, Jammie Robinson, and K Benton are the guys they think have “it.”

Since I would be okay with…

1. T Wilson
  2. Bijan Robinson
  3. K Benton
  4. J Robinson
  5. N Sewell
  6. DTR

I guess I’m pretty down with their interview list so far?

These stand out to me. When you’re using a meeting on guys like this (ie not a first round grade). Your team is usually pretty interested in drafting guys like this later in the draft

2 Likes

The only sure thing about this time of year is that it may be true, and it may be false.

2 Likes

What did Noah weigh in at!? Curious about his size. He looked like he was pushing 260 last year.

2 Likes

My guess of those 4 being Fowler, Sewell, porter jr and Benton.

1 Like

For entertainment only as the subject means squat. Not sure about 2022 but in 2021, the Lions didn’t meet with their 1st round choice. It’s best if you don’t believe nothing you read or hear about the draft.

1 Like

246 I believe was the number.

1 Like

Nice, good weight for him. Saw he ran faster than some safeties too. Impressive.

246 lbs

1 Like

So just to remind everyone…the guys they are meeting with at this point are guys they DON’T feel they have a good handle on yet, not necessarily the guys they are interested in. Chances are they are done evaluating most of those guys they like. It’s still useful information, but don’t confuse with interest with clarification.

2 Likes

I’ll break this down for you guys.
QBs - I think we skip on 'em. Goff’s got this under control, & none of them are that handsome anyway.

WRs - All 3 of 'em have names that are fun to say, so it’s hard telling what Brad will do here.

LB - easy to see him in the brotherhood.

Both CBs…eeeesh. Never trust a guy with 2 first names. Also, still having flashbacks of the last baby kangaroo we selected

As for Jammie Robinson -->if a guy can’t even spell his own name, he’s obviously not a strong speller, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he can’t learn a playbook.

Kicker has a chance, for sure. As difficult as it can be to trust a guy with 2 first names, it is awesome to have 2 last names. Likely a very trustworthy guy.

defensive lineman…yeah…this guy is like John Wick that is Bent-on winning! I like the sounds of him.

First name Jordan? Niiiice. He’ll probably be so goox that McFadden makes a figurine out of him

I think we take a quarterback late. That Holmes interview leads me to believe backup quarterback is a priority this season.

Linebacker is a tough one for me. I just don’t think the position is a priority. I think they like Rodriguez and anzalone ( if they bring him back). Also the development of Barnes. If the are going to take one, and both Sewell and Campbell are sitting there, I think they’d take Campbell. He doesn’t have elite long speed but his short area athleticism is great. He’s very similar to Logan Wilson of the Bengals who is a very good linebacker.

2 Likes