Playoff experience for Detroit Lions

Silly topic, but figured throw it out there since it popped up in my head.

I understand the roster is going to be cut down and that possibly includes cutting some with experience or adding some with it.

But unless my math is wrong here, looking at the roster we have 14 players out of 53 that have actually played or sat on the bench for a playoff game. That is 25% of this team.

If they were to make it, I of course root for them to win but that is such a low percentage thanks largely to the fact that it’s the Detroit Lions. Could be a one and done.

With that said, that could also lead to 42 out of 53 next year with at least one game of playoff experience (random number).

2 Likes

And what about coaches?

2 Likes

What a damn good point. Throw that percentage in there and it is an even more new - and very deep - waters.

2 Likes

Inversely, I feel like our team is the team that “nobody told 'em they were supposed to lose.” Dan has them in the energy and belief system of a young Cassius Clay…who became Muhammad Ali!

Don’t be surprised by any success this team has. It’s either this year or next. The dam is weakening, and the water is about to burst through.

3 Likes

With Dan and these coaches, very possible and likely very true. Doesn’t change the percentage. I recognize it doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive.

1 Like

:muscle: :sunglasses:

Also, which team would we fact that would be as handsome as our guys?

We’ve got this. I think playoff experience does matter, as well as experience in general. I really do view our team sort of like Clay Guida. What you have to go through to fight him that dude is horrific, even if you win. Never a first round stoppage…it’s a super high-energy blood bath. That’s what the Lions will be bringing to the party this year. Always a puncher’s chance, with relentlessness, guts, determination, and resilience.

Win, lose, or draw…you don’t want none, MF’rz!

3 Likes

“The party is on, my friend.”

1 Like

Shit is about to get very, very real (especially for the NFCN teams).
Lions are coming!

1 Like

Playoff ? what’s that !?

Playoffs! You talkin bout Playoffs… Playoffs?

Its that thing that other teams do. Still a year away in my mind. But i have been wrong before, just ask my family.

1 Like

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.