Poll: Do you believe Jared Goff is the answer at QB for the Lions?

I dont put much stock in the poll. Everyone wants to blame a Detroit QB, when we lose.

81% say get rid of him, but if you pay attention to the poll beneath it…look at the win prediction the same fans (voters) predicted. These are not educated football ppl voting. LOL

7 Likes

I think Jared Goff can be a part of the solution, but, he can’t elevate the team around him anymore than Matt could.
We have a tale of two good QB’s. One good QB goes to a balanced, good offensive for one of the few times in his career and he looks like a top 5 QB.
The other good QB goes to a perennial joke and becomes Jared Goff.
Exactly what the QB “lovers” have been saying for years.

3 Likes

I think a lot of people are starting to truly understand just how good Stafford was for us.

I don’t know if Goff is the answer. I was hoping he was when the trade went through but he has been brutal in a lot of situations. He’s playing like Betty White out there. Get that man a Snickers.

3 Likes

NO.

Well, DC said you can win the super bowl without the best QB in the league, but you have to build a team that can make that happen. (Duh)
Unfortunately Detroit has never shown it can grasp the idea of what a team like that looks like, let alone build one. If this regime knows and can pull it off remains to be seen, but the evidence thus far is weak to put it mildly. Of course the circumstances that they came into have to be considered.
So I’d say Goff could be, but it’s essentially dependent upon the ability of the organization’s ability to build a team.
So far zip. I’m starting to feel like we’re heading into the post Landry years at QB.

Lest we forget…

Six games and so many already defined an absolute answer…. We live on an additive idea and desire of instant gratification without patience nor preserving…. It’s like planting a seed in the ground, placing that first cup of water on it and demanding it to become a fully grown tree instantly…. And when it doesn’t happen…… bitch at the seed for being a shitty seed.

Playing both the rescuer and victim! (Just for BigNatty! :crazy_face:)!!

3 Likes

@BigNatty

I love you man, you are always so positive. An optimist (and realist) among us pessimistic folk.

Sadly bro, I’m gonna disagree with you.
Sure Goff hasn’t had a ton of help, but he’s been wildly inaccurate at times, hesitant to throw down the field and he doesn’t push the football even the way Stafford did when he was here.

I just don’t see how he’s a viable option at QB while we’re winning.

I feel at best (at best mind you) Goff could be a lesser version of Ryan Fitzpatrick, without the Fitzmagic that is.

He’s a bridge and the best thing we could do is draft a QB and start the clock on him.

If it takes a QB 2-3 years to learn to win, we draft one in 2022 that means our window starts in 2024. Goff might be able to get us to 2023 but I don’t think he should be around much further than that.

1 Like

He’s a bridge. To be honest, though, I would LOVE to have a team that could win with Goff.

4 Likes

I’m hopeful Goff can turn it around. I don’t put a lot of stock into the idea that a guy can just forget how to play quarterback.

I think the current regime is going to give him far more rope than most fans wish, so we’ll see I guess.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can make that judgement until we have a defense and some weapons at WR that teams actually need to prepare for.

I don’t think anyone is game planning for Khalif Raymond

2 Likes

I hope you’re wrong. I have to admit

1. I do believe in his potential
  2. I’m losing faith in the idea of him reaching it.
    His mindset seems to be fading, and that’s his strength.
    Also - tanks for the kind words, man :pray: :heart: :pray:

Nope

To elaborate, I don’t think he’s got the ability to throw receivers open and I think his mentality has shifted from making the game winning plays to not screwing up.

That can be fine! If you have or will soon have a top flight defense that will put you in great field position and keep points off the board. We don’t have that and won’t have that for a few more years at least. During that time, Goff’s arm will only get weaker and his game manager mentality will only get stronger.

1 Like

Ridder in 2022 :slight_smile:

Which is kind of like saying someone is like Barry Sanders, but without the big plays.:rofl:

1 Like

Ryan Tannehill is probably the best comparable to Goff.

1 Like

He can be, but at the end of the day it’ll depend on what type of Offense the Lions intend on evolving into

I’m new here, I like JG so as a Rams fan I’ve came to this site hoping to see your long overdue turn around

What strikes me about the Lions franchise is, well they are owned by the Fords, I really believe Sheila is doing her best

Then again, Ford vs Ferrari, the scene where Matt Damon (C Shelby) is explaining to the Duece what it takes to be a winner…I get the feeling your team is no longer being ran by committee but it’s gonna take another year or two

Oh, and get a new strength and conditioning Coach…seriously

1 Like

Why do people believe that Goff is unsalvageable at this point?

1 Like

I feel attacked! :wink:

1 Like