POLL - PICK # 48 LIONS 6) Carter DT 18) Smith Edge

But, I thought we needed a QB?

Henley all the way for me kid is like a streak of lightning on the field we need speed at LB.

3 Likes

Does this poll make any of you feel better if were to trade #18 and #48 to move up to top 10?

Was Bergeron OT selected? I chose Tippman, but probably would have gone with Bergeron of available.

1 Like

The Lions got 2 of the top 4 players on that link you shared in the other thread.

1 Like

2 of the cb signings are 1 yr contracts plus okudah is only 1 yr left. It takes a year for most rookie cbs to get adjusted. Grab one stud future cb to compete and learn is a smart move.

3 Likes

Lots of options → while this could be a great option, we also may extend someone on the team. Also, I still think Jeff is gonna be a very solid corner, Also think Jacobs is good enough if we have a great defensive line (which is the gaol).

The second we land the right defensive tackle, every defensive back on the team gets 3 points better (at least) on a scale of 1-10.

Options
→ snag a rook?
→ Okuxah extends?
→ Chase develops?
→ BanD aid move again?
→ extend new guys?

We are positioned well to not freak out.
My prediction is that Holmes snags the another Kerby/Ra type that outperforms his selection status.

1 Like

Can never have enough good dbs

1 Like

there’s truth to that too, man.
I just prefer spending capital on trenches.

We can do both. Just in my book for this draft i would have done cb first and then dline. I would rather start the run on cb then take from a fairly deep dline group with pick 18& one of those 2nds… plus i am risk adverse on carter… so thats that.

This is where you guys are smarter than me, for sure.
I am nervous AF that we can’t get a defensive tackle that will work out.
I also have been reading that CB is very deep in this draft.
Truthfully, I only know what I learn from you guys & the links you post.

Muach. If not at 48 maybe at 55.

For me this draft would have been

Gonzalez cb
Nolan edge
Dexter dt

If we flipped cb and dt… i would rather have that than

Carter dt
Nolan edge
Smith cb

But again it’s because i have carter off my board. I am not sure i would take nolan either but going with the poll on him.

The DEN has spoketh,

Elite defensive talent from the SEC once again

At least the guy has him correctly identified as a LB. If you run a 3/4 and need a pass rushing LB, and you value athletic traits over production, he might be your guy.

#NotaDE

Well… I fully expect Charles Harris and Julian Okwara to be gone next year. So maybe he is the SLB flame thrower going forward the future would be:

DE- Hutch, Cominsky, Pascal
Edge- Houston
SLB - Nolan Smith

He’d be a chess piece in the 4-2-5 as a LB

I wouldn’t be upset with Mauch because he would be good value there. I chose Smith because I think one of Mauch, Tippman or my personal favorite for guard, Matthew Bergeron will be available at 55.

2 Likes

That sounds a lot like the wisdom of the American people. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I liked Bergeron or Tippman more than Mauch as well, more power with comparable movement skills. Assuming we’re drafting them to play LG, they are more completementary of Sewell’s abilities (power/strength). Bergeron and Sewell would be a nasty tandem to run behind.
That said, I want a QB to develop that has starter upside, so Im taking Hooker at #55. But, I understand your argument. My hope is that we end up re-signing one or more of CJGJ, Moseley, Jacobs or Okudah and therefore wait to take a CB until Rd 3 or 5.

1 Like

So the Den has went all defense so far. I think 1-2 of these picks will end up being on Offense when the real draft comes around