Positives, despite an ugly win

That was BIG! Loved it!

Yup, plays of the game, Melvin and Coleman… On offense and ST Jones and Agnew(of all people)

1 Like

100%

See what happens against KC. Probably a loss, hopefully no major injuries. Then regroup and spend two weeks scheming to beat Green Bay.

Green Bay we can score on. Need Patricia to have a great D game plan like they did last year this time against New England

I think you missed what I was getting at. For a franchise that fashions itself after the Patriots, when have you ever seen a Belichick led team take the foot off the gas and play conservative? We lack that killer instinct and That’s the only way I can sum it up. It’s not over until it’s over, and the moment you start acting like it is, is the moment you give that other team some life. I didn’t say a player, I’m referring to the team as a whole
Lacks it. Whether that be through design with the coaching staff, or something else. It will come back to bite us eventually, and almost has a couple times this season. The wins are nice, but have to identify our weaknesses so we can sure them up for the future.

No matter what happens tomorrow night, we’re in second place in the division.

To beat GB you have to protect the ball. The lead the league in forced turnovers and got 3 more today. You can run and pass on them but they have ended lots of drives with fumble recoveries. It’s also set up short fields. Their offense hasn’t shown any ability to mount long drives throughout a game. We’ll be there with a shot at winning late in that game… unless WE blow them out, yes that’s a chance too. They aren’t as good as 3-0. Dallas is a real 3-0. GB is no better than us

1 Like

Games that are usually competitive are also ugly. If the Offense looks unstoppable or the defense is stifling, it is usually an indictment of the other team. We just beat two tough opponents and are 2-0-1 with two road games already in the tank. The next three games are an opportunity to establish the Lions as a contender. We still need to be able to run better and pass block better to be a serious threat. Let’s hope they develop in these areas enough to be successful.

Defensive line play needs to kick it in gear. The time is now, guys! The opportunity is there. I don’t want to hear that the talent isn’t there.

1 Like