Post-Draft Status of the O-Line

Aboushi, Dahl, Wiggins and possibly Crosby are all guys who could plug in at RG… If I had to guess we will see Crosby mostly at RT splitting time with Wagner preparing to take over full time next year when Wagner becomes a cap casualty and Aboushi is the starting RG.

May not be ideal at RG but that’s part of the reason we are going to see a LOT of 2 TE sets… To allow our blocking TEs to help out in blocking and Kerryon seemed more effective running to the outside which also helps having Hock and James out there

Also have a bunch of cap to potentially nab a camp/cap casualty RG

1 Like

There’s still the rookie FA’s. You never know?

1 Like

Ok, 1st about Ricky. For the next 3 years his cap hit is $11.9 mil each year. This year the dead money is $8.9 mil, next year it drops to $5.8 mil, and then in 2021 it’s $2.9 mil. Anybody can do the math to figure out the cap savings, but to me unless they can trade him I wouldn’t want to absorb the $5.8 mil next year in dead money. One last thing about Wags, would we be any better with him moving inside to RG and starting Crosby at RT?

About Crosby, the guy has never played at RG, even in college that I know of. Hasn’t even practiced there with the Lions, at least the beat-writers haven’t seen it. If he’s better than the other guys at RG, then problem solved at least for this year until injuries strike.

Could a UDFA make it as a starting RG? Well anything is possible I guess but it ain’t likely. They did have a guy named Koloamatangi who was an IOL on the PS the last couple of years, maybe he’s up to the job.

And maybe he isn’t, and I am so disappointed with this draft that words fail. I know, who better than Quinn and Patricia to get the guys they want to build the team they want, and what do I know sitting on the couch watching them pick guys that most people believe were taken at least a round too early. Welp, the proof is in the pudding and I guess we’ll see how these guys do in TC and the PS games.

1 Like

Quinn spotted walking down the street.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/RialtoUSD/status/1122289805310615553

1 Like