Power run game… Attacking 3-4 D… this draft only depth chart…

I know the thread title is a bit confusing, but I’ll try and clear it up. I think our team identity is already being defined, and frankly I love both schemes, and would love to keep adding key pieces to the current foundation that compliment and enhance what we have now.

1st Team DEFENSE- 3-4 Base 2022 Draft Class

5 Tech- T Walker
NT- J Davis
3 Tech-P Winfrey

Edge- Hutch
ILB- D Lloyd
ILB- C Muma
Edge- Thibz

CB- Sauce
CB- Stingley
SS- Hamilton
FS- Cine

2nd Team Defense

5 Tech- L Hall
NT- Travis Jones
3 Tech- D Wyatt

Edge- J Johnson
ILB- N Dean
ILB- T Anderson
Edge- B Mafe

CB- McDuffie
CB- Boothe
SS- Pitre
FS- N Cross

CURRENT LIONS DEPTH CHART…

5 Tech- ??
NT- McNeill
3 Tech- Levi O

Edge- C Harris
ILB- J Davis
ILB- Anzalone
Edge- Romeo

AO
Okudah
Walker
Elliott

2nd Team

5- Tech- J Cornell
NT- Penisini
3 Tech- Brockers

Edge- J Okwara
ILB- Barnes
ILB- Board
Edge- A Bryant

CB- Iffy
CB- Jacobs
S- Moore
S- W Harris

1 Like

Glad that someone else seems to get it. Build on the ‘current’ foundation. Those unglamorous positions. Defensive line and Offensive line and work out from there. Good job. Well done, sir.

The problem with this is that the Lions do not look to be staying as a 3-4 base defense. The word from both MCDC and Holmes is that they want to run more of a 4 man front. There are also multiple reports that the Lions want to spend more time in a 4-2-5 defense. If the Lions are looking at this move then your LB and DL depth and positions would need to change. This would also cause the Lions to look for the correct players to meet that scheme. Which in most cases will change how they look at certain players, and which players actually match what they want to do.

Were going 4-3 this year, with a heavy mixture of nickel defense.

DE: R.Okwara/Harris
1T: McNeil/Penisini
3T: Onwuzurike/Brockers
DE: Draft Pick/J.Okwara

WLB: Draft Pick
MLB: Davis/Anzalone/Barnes
SLB: Davis/Anzalone/Barnes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.