Prayers for Matthew and Kelly

Ugh, this sounds brutal.

2 Likes

Prayers and wishes go out to the Stafford family.
Terrible news…

2 Likes

Just saw this, terrible news. My wife did biomedical research on some treatments and the general rule of thumb is that brain tumors are always fatal, the best you can do is improve quality of life for a certain amount of time :confused:

2 Likes

I think acoustic neuroma is pretty treatable, as it’s benign, but I haven’t done any thorough research on this.

2 Likes

99% survival rate as it is a benign tumor type, I am seeing. Likely deafness on one side and some facial paralysis.

Looks like there are facial surgeries to reanimate the facial nerves. Deafness part not sure. Cochlear implant maybe?

2 Likes

Sending lots of love and prayers. They are tough and well supported. I love their approach in asking for calmness.

2 Likes

At least it’s benign, not that there’s a good type of brain tumor to have. Modern neurosurgery techniques are remarkably good at removing tumors while preserving healthy tissue. I hope Kelly’s surgery goes well and that she recovers fully. It’s a reminder that football isn’t that big of a deal in the grand scheme of life.

2 Likes

God bless her and that family. Benign? I sure hope so.
For little girls to grow up without their mother, would be terrible.

2 Likes

What a nightmare for the family. For a mom with 3 young kids that’s pretty bad. I hope the surgery goes well for her.

2 Likes

Its so easy to take life for granted…

2 Likes

Welcome to the club nobody wants to be a part of.
I’m 9 years post surgery, and 8 1/2 years post gamaknife. You can do this!

5 Likes